The Bourne Ultimatum

gaspr

• 4 weeks later...

Judging from the comments, I assume the first two releases are similar in structure. And if that is the case, I need to check them out.

Ultimatum is cut close and fast, and the movie is smart without being overly 'cute'. It was quite a ride. I quite enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it was a great movie, but I can't watch it again. Call me a wimp, but there was so much jittery camera that I nearly got seasick and almost had to leave the theater. I'm totally serious. [:(] I'm afraid I am very sensitive to camera movement, depending on how it's done and how much. I even have to be careful when editing my own video work. I would have liked to have added such a great movie to my collection. I hope they can find a tripod or two to shoot the next one from if there is one. The first two weren't nearly as unsteady as #3. I thought that two of the fight scenes were cut a bit too close and that obscured enough of the detail to cheapen the two scenes. And by "detail", it's not that I want to see blood and guts (I prefer not to) but a blurred fist in the air here and a blurred, flying foot there that the viewer never gets to see them actually landing a blow made the fight scenes feel too simulated, cheap and implied for me. That may have worked for Hitchcock, but it apparently doesn't work for Paul Greengrass. The rest of the movie was very well done and full of edge-of-your-seat excitement. Matt Damon is one heck of an actor! -Glenn

Glenn - with a HT like yours whacha doin at a theatre?

Arky: LOL! Thanks so much for such a high compliment, but no; it's still fun to go to the "Big House" for movies with friends before the DVDs are released. But I must admit that I am guilty of sitting there in the commercial theater and silently picking apart the sound, the focus, the crowd noise and of course, b*tching about the errant cell phone and gum on the floor. ....hmmmmm; where IS the fun part in all of that? Oh yeah; the friends!!!! [:D] We visit theaters only about once a year these days. I am sorry to say that we're not missing much, unless it's an IMAX. Thanks again, Arky. -Glenn