My new subwoofer project

michael hurd

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricci... I have 3 18" LMS and 6 PR.... 2 PR's are black cone.. black basket... and the one LMS-Ultra is black cone TI as well. One box houses the clear TI cone LMS 5400's with matching TI passives. The other will have the black drivers in it.

I am driving, and I might have a few extra days... send me an email or PM, I might be able to drive to your place with it.

3 and 6...nice. Thats not a bad reflection coming off that finish especially considering that you are working on it half asleep . GL with getting that Delta 88 car door off[:D]! That's dedication to the cause right there. I'll send you a pm later.

Indy Indy Indy...Hooked up the Mini-beast in both Roger's HT ( Indyklipschfan ) and also Michael Colters... and was shaking walls. MIchael was worried for the windows.... and his classic antiques in a cabinet. It was awesome! Had a ground loop to solve at Indy's place, took some time. Once we got it fixed, we played "Flight of the Phoenix". Awesome! [:)]

Hope I can tag along here since this is kind of a DIY thread, I feel inspired to build a couple subs, or at least try. -

I have a lot of tools, but the one thing I am lacking is a nice table saw. What do you guys suggest? I'm looking at a Grizzly for about $1,400.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-Table-Saw-3-HP-Single-Phase-220V-Left-Tilt-w-7-Rails/G1023SLX

I like some others but they cost about 2X, not sure I'd get more other than to keep my fingers maybe if I stick em in the blade. I just need good cuts and a good fence with an extension. Any thoughts?

Any driver with a chrome plated basket is cheesy garbage. Looks like the Audiobahn crap.

To anyone making drivers...NEVER use chrome plated baskets. Pure CHEESE!

Red,blue,green or black. Chromed is dollar store cheese.

I was talking about the enclosure. Guess you missed the [:P] in my post.[:o]