Suggestions On Upper/Mid Slam............

SWL

Teaming up with four RF-7's..........I'm running an SVS PB-12 Ultra/2 and (2) RSW-15's stacked. This combo is excellent.

I'm thinking of another sub to add along with the others that will enhance the 40hz and up party. More slam, more hum for rock music to give more of a live sound.

I've got a Crown amp available for this type of sub duty. Any suggestions?

Yeah I know.............It never ends..........gotta love it though.[:P]

With quad RF-7's and an RSW15..YOU have PUNCH galore. You need to help the poor little SVS Ultra... BTW I have quad RF-7's too...[:D] And the RSW triple tower...LOL punch...ear bleeding punch.

Dual CSS SDX15 each in its 13 cu ft cabinet, or dual Mach 5 Audio 18.4's each in its ..13cu ft cabinet. Eight inch ports for each(one port per cabinet containing...one driver of course), 36inches long for the IXL and 30 inches for the SDX15.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cabinet,before sanding ...priming...painting.

The drivers...

CSS SDX15....

Posted Image

Mach5 IXL18.4 ...

Posted Image

The SVS PB-12 Ultra/2 is excellent for deep bass that just melts into the RF-7's.

The (2) stacked RSW-15's definitely have punch..........combined with the RF-7's = the real output for the system.

What I'm looking for is a supplement to the bass of the RF-7's. The mid-upper bass that blows your hair around like at a concert. Makes your clothes feel like electricity is flowing through them.[H]

You might want to check out the HSU MBM-12 mid-bass module

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/mbm-12.html

Thanks, Wuzzer.

I thought about the MBM in the past but shot down the idea because of having four RF-7's. I still wonder if it will really have any impact with my current set up. On the other hand.............."impact" I already have. It's making the upper bass frequencies more present for an overall better presentation, especially for rock music.

If anyone has experience with the MBM, I'd like to hear them. Especially an RF-7 / MBM combo. I might just have to try it.

Why not buy 8 more pairs of RF-7s and set them all up so there is 6 aside.

Must be that "new math"...

Well he owns 2 pair (4 speakers) if you read his first post, and if he buys 8 (4 pairs) more speakers (a total of 12) that would be 6 on the left and 6 on the right side. Call it "new math" or reading comprehension, your choice. Did they offer either in the police academy?

• 6 months later...