College Hoops ........

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Coach Gillispie didnt know they changed the rule. I guess under the old rule, they would have just counted the free throw point and given UK the ball out of bounds, and they would have only been down by 3. All this with no time being run off the clock. But the new rule change made it a technical as well. I dont really understand the whole coaching decision either. But make no mistake, it was called for by the coach. Bad move either way.

I've been trying to imagine the SEC tournament moving abruptly from the GA Dome to GA Tech. That's changing 18 or 19K in attendance to 9K. That has to be a bunch of unhappy ticket holders.

Surprisingly I haven't run across a news article on this problem.

Arkansas is playing Tennessee as I post this.

• Moderators

Arkansas beats #4 ranked TN 92 - 91

Now the Hogs will go to the SEC championship game to play the winner of GA and MState

Sorry about the loss today, Dee. I certainly hope Indiana U makes a better showing in the NCAA tournament than they did in the Big Ten....but to do well at all, they'll have to get by the Hogs [:)]

• Moderators

Bobby Knight return to where he belongs on the bench of Indiana U. ?

Absolutely yes. The controversy alone would make it worth it [:)] At least we wouldn't have recruiting violations.

Bobby Knight will never return to IU. Nor will IU, or alumni who give $$, educators, or the college board allow that to happen. Great coach... sad, but Bobby was a real jerk in person too many times. IMO, it is a bi polar situation left unchecked... And this walking timebomb, that just blew off too many times, his IU career is over. Maybe this time away from coaching basketball, he can reflect some and have another round? I think he is just having too much fun on TV!

That said.... As many of you know, I am a HUGE IU fan. Both Basketball and football season ticket holder. I have gone to most of the NCAA tourney games in person, I separated my feelings for Coach Knight long ago.

I hope we have the team Sampson started in the Tourney... THAT, was a great team! Never more proud of them than against Purdue.

Say what you want, but we fired a coach for calling kids to come play with him... It is a dumb rule... but a rule it is... and that is why Sampson was fired.. I am sorry, Sampson was a terrific coach and were just screwed by this rule, and the witch hunt. At least the kids were in class, and not getting $$ for nothing.. free stuff etc etc....

DJ White and Eric Gordon will leave for the NBA at seasons end. Along with some others... IU will really STINK for a few years after this year.. And I am not so sure EVER come back! (OK, maybe 5 years from now. Time will tell.)

Go Hoosiers!

Looks like game time is March 21st, against Arkansas at 9 40 PM. Anyone want to watch it here, let me know in a pm!

r Roger

Personally this ESPN GIG for Bobby right now is his dream job.... He can be right 100% of the time, and NEVER be questioned. hahahahaha

Yesterday the heads were analyzing the brackets; Vitale said Knight should be coach at IU, Phelps his assistant & Vitale recruiting coordinator. Knight didn't say a word & looked at him like he was absolutely crazy.

Yes it is the mutual appreciation society there... Vital, Digger...

And a lot of pressure to get Assembly Hall called the Bobby Knight arena too?

My question is can you fire a coach out of disgrace and them salute him like a hero? Bloomington, Indiana is a weird place.. I love it, but strange!

BTW, when I was a little kid, my dad and I went to see IU Football play Baylor.. We both stunk, but Baylor kicked our you know what!

Wheter or not you like Bob Knight, it doesn't matter, his record speaks for itself, great Coach, not the nicest guy in the world, but he did it straight-up ,no cheating. Being a Jerk sometimes, isn't against the law. He'll be fine on TV for awhile, but he wants to coach, you just know he does. IU has a good chance in the tourney, they will beat Arkansas, Sorry Guys, one team will lose, and let's see what happens after that ...........