College Hoops ........

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey how about them Maryland terrapins.........OR NOT!

Geez, memories of a Duke game from years' past!

GRRRRRR.......how can you blow a 20 point lead in 4 minutes?

ASK MARYLAND, they know!

My thoughts going forward for the sweet sixteen (subject to change pending bracketology):

Big TEN (Wisconsin/Perdue)

Big East (Georgetown)

ACC (NC)

SEC (Tennessee/Vanderbilt/Memphis/Louisville)

PAC 10 (UCLA/Stanford)

BIG 12 (Texas/Texas A&M/Kansas/Kansas St)

Mid-Majors and other conferences (Xavier/Marquette/)

That would be coach Williams, buck

That's who I meant, Thanks ............... all those guys like Gary Williams, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, Coach K, Rick Barnes that I kinda' grew up watching when they started out ..... can guide their teams to a Championship ..... Now that I look at those names, they've all done it atleast once, except Rick Barnes .......... wow, time flies !!!!!!!

Thanks OB for the correction! Forgot they keep changing, and I think more conference realignments are in store for 2008.

I can see UConn, but the Big East just doesn't impress me this year. All BIG MEN, but can they push the ball against fast-paced transition teams? OK , (4) from the Big East and certainly a better conference than the ACC this year! If Georgetown plays up to their potential, I just don't see anyone in the Big East who can take them down.

Once again, each of us has their own opinions, and that is what makes March Madness so interesting IMO.

The brackets are so crucially important (pairing and home/neutral vs away play)

BUT WHO, will be the upset team this year (outside the Top 25)?

Once the NCAA Tournament starts, they are all equal in wins and losses, anything can happen, "one and done" changes everything, no next time !!! March Madness is fun, you see some fine hoops being played ........... Louisville could be a killer from the Big East ........ Never know with Rick Pitino, but you better come to play !!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh! It's good to be back!!!! The only problem I see with NC is our weakness at point guard. Before anyone jumps, Lawson isn't as sharp and it looks as if that was a pretty major ankle sprain. I once had one like that (maybe worse) that took almost 6 months to heal. The doctor commented that I would have been better off breaking my leg.

Anyway, if Lawson can get back into the groove, we're golden. If not, I don't think we'll get to the final four.

GO HEELS!!!!

ESPN said today that he (Ty Lawson) is not 100%, or even close, but the test will come Saturday night against Duke, so WATCH CAREFULLY!

Did anyone see the Stanford/UCLA game? I got home w/20..5 secs left just to see the horrendous foul call against Stanford.
Stanford IMHO won that game! The radio talk show on FSR (FOX) @ 1-2am was buzzing with hightened anxiety and disgust.

Don't be surprised if these (2) teams meet down the line again.