Attention motorcycle riders!

• Klipsch Employees

We are trying to put together a ride for the Sunday after the pilgrimage. Steve and I are working with our local HOG chapter to put the ride together. We are not sure where we will ride to or how long the ride will be. We just know that we want to ride.

The question is, How many of you would bring your bike and ride with us?

We don't care what kind of bike you ride as long as it has wheels and a motor.

• Klipsch Employees

What a great idea Trey

I was planning on flying out, but now that you have put this out maybe Caroline can fly out and I can ride.

Just hope the weather is better than last year Lightning

Hey Indy can I park my scooter in your garage???

Steve

Steve, I wanted to tell you that you could park your scooter in my garage anytime, but that didn't sound right...But, yes you can park your motorcycle at my house. I live about 6 miles from the shop and you can ride with me back to the house to get it.

We hope to have the OCC bike around for folks to see / sit on and get pic's take of.

Sounds good to me. Gives me enough time to clean out the fuel system. I neglected it this year. Gummy Gassed. No good excuse just neglected the scoot. It still runs but no idle and low end power. Over 3000 rpm to get it to run.

'93 90th Anniversary Edition HD

Harry

• Klipsch Employees
Harry, Shame on you. A few oz. of Stabile and your good. OR you can do like me and ride the thing every month, at lest a little bit.I put 200 miles on it from the end of Nov. to now. Wind in the face and butt froze to the saddle.

07" Dyna Street Bob

Trey,

I know I messed up.

I moved my dad into a nursing home last year and I stored his furniture and belongings in my garage with the naive thinking it would get gone through by my sisters and myself and be divided between us or donated to some "cause". My sisters live all around the country and it never was completed.

My bikes and many of my things got burried behind his possessions which are just now being cleaned out and gone through. It's still not done but getting closer.

I used to be partners in a boat repair shop and about a lifetime ago I worked for a motorcycle shop so I know the hassle of what needs done.

I usually run my motors to reserve, fill the tanks before storing for the winter, and have no problems. The bikes have sat for almost a year now without being touched.

I've got 3 bikes to do this spring. The 93 anniversary ed, a 76 glide rat scoot, and an old 500cc dirty that I've taught all my kids to ride on and I occasionally get on just to make some noise and tear the hide off my posterior at times when I feel the need to show my stupidity. It's also great for a signature "burn" on the legs if you lay it down and don't get on top or away from it.

The '76 was a basket when I bought it at the Goodwill sale for $450. I seperated the parts and took the motor to "Frank" at Precision Machine in Anderson Indiana and he took it out to 96 cid and tricked it. Frank was the oldest Authorized Living HD mechanic in the world at the time. At least that's what I'd heard. Old Frank could build a motor.

I scrounged bags and trim from friends, flea markets, swap meets, etc to put it together on a shoe string budget and finally got it all together. I painted it Pearl white from a 97 Cadillac (My heavy metal guitar playing son's choice) and it's got a pink hue to it. I detailed it out with chartreuse, hot grape, and hot pink stripes and accents. It's more of a graphics oriented scooter. I personally think the paint scheme would go better on a Suzuki or Kaw. The "kids" around really get into the hot colors. I built it for my middle son but he's military now and I think he's gonna lifer it in the army.

The '93 I picked up about 5 years ago from a couple retiring to Florida. It only had 7k on it and wasn't getting used so they sold it to me for $10,500. He had bought new black tanks, seat, and pipes for it. The original stuff was hung on the wall. I put the original equipment on it, took a step back for a look, and put the replacement tanks, seat, and pipes back on. If you're familiar with the anniversary edition grey and black color scheme with orange trim you'll understand why. I replaced the rear "solid disc" wheel and front alloy spoked wheel with nice high polished "boker spokes" and it doesn't look bad at all. It looks like a custom FLH from the late 60's early '70's era with the 80cid engine trim. Ugly handlebars are hanging on the wall now also.

I'll get to the house and get some pics posted as soon as I can get the rest of dad's things moved out.

Dad died last tuesday afternoon after a long illness and it's a bit rough moving things around right now.

I want to say a public thank you to all my closest forum friends for your support and friendship throughout this. You've become much more than just forum friends. Your friendship is a valued part of my life now.

I'll get the scoots up and running as time and weather permits and find me a little "hottie" wanting a few "vibes" to clean them up and ride. Another good benefit to "American Iron". Never a shortage of "cleaning ladies".

Harry

• Klipsch Employees

Harry,

You know I was just giving you stuff. I fell for you. I lost my dad a number of years back. He was the one that got me into bikes to start with.

Its a cool story. I will sit down and wirte it out sometime. You will enjoy.

To the bikes, If you need / want a hand getting them up and running again, Steve and I will be glad to come down and give you a hand.

We both aren't have bad with a wrench. He has been working on stuff most of his life, as have I. I also have a cert. as a bike tech from when I worked at the bike shop as a carb tech. (early 80's)

"To the bikes, If you need / want a hand getting them up and running again, Steve and I will be glad to come down and give you a hand."

Trey,

Thank you for the offer. I may take you and Steve up on it. I filled the tanks with fresh gas and my "Secret Weapon" Quicksilver (Mercury Marine) carb cleaner to loosen up the gummy gas. It's worked in the past on customers fuel systems. When I get time I'll dump the tanks, refill, and hope they break loose. If not I'll get them running and shoot some QS carb cleaner in the lines to clean them out. If that doesn't work, then I'll pull the carbs and go through them. THEN I'll invite you guys over to help go through all three of them. It'll turn a dirty job a good time. Flame some animal flesh, empty some brown bottles, and hope all the parts go back in right. Hope you don't mind Horns and Tubes while multi-tasking.

Harry

Harry,

Sorry to hear about your father passing away. Even after a long illness it's still tough. Hang in there. Things will get better. I've lost both of my parents, Mom after a long bout with cancer many years ago and Dad to a heart attack after surviving and recovering from one a couple of years before that about 10 years ago. My grandmother (Dad's mom) spent way too many years in a nursing home as did my wife's grandmother (mother's mom) so I've seen how tough that can be on people too.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Sounds like you got some great help volunteering to help get your bikes back up to snuff. It's probably best I try not to help with that sort of thing.

p.s. Thanks for the turntable. I haven't had a chance to clean up the switches yet but I may put it into service at the mother in laws... she might actually use it as it's fully automatic (though I may have to scrub her albums first and teach her to keep her grubby paws off the vinyl...). All it's lacking is a turntable mat and I can take the one off the noisy belt drive semi auto at her house now along with the cartridge with integrated headshell. If she's not going to use it, I may use it if I ever get around to burning her old albums to CDs so she will listen to them.

Ben

Thanks guys for all.

I'm looking forward to getting a good ride with the guys. It ought to bring out some interesting "personalities". If we're gonna stop at a bunch of bars I'll bring a designated driver and sidecar. Last time I got drunk and rode I fell off the bike trying to get on. LOL!!

Harry

What a great idea Trey

I was planning on flying out, but now that you have put this out maybe Caroline can fly out and I can ride.

Just hope the weather is better than last year Lightning

Hey Indy can I park my scooter in your garage???

Steve

I live two miles away, you can park it in my garage LOL

"Hope you don't mind Horns and Tubes while multi-tasking."

Horns and tubes? I have a horn on my bike, and tube frame.................O shoot, you meant speakers and tube amps....were was my brain.....just kiding. Tubes and horns in my 2 channel room...pass on tossen a few down.....stay away from my bike when i do that stuff....LOL

Harry, about your dad, sorry for your loss...... Mine passed away in 1974, I lost a best friend. We got along great and I miss sharing stuff with him even to this day. He was never really my father, but my dad and buddy. He would have gotten a kick out of his grand kids...

Guest srobak

I'd be in for the ride. Not sure which bike though... Might be the ST1300, might be the ZX9... or if I have the Goldwing by then... not planning to buy one until the fall, but never know :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest srobak

Anything further on the ride? Is this happening? I will have it back together in time of course...(this weekend actually) but the annual rebuild turned up a couple gaskets I needed to replace :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image