Klipschorns and Narrow room

BE36

What are the room's dimensions, and is it a rectangular room? I don't understand the 4.5' X 10'. How about some pictures?

It's marginal if the only available wall has corners only 10' apart. It might be OK -- all you can do is try it, I guess.

That is an interesting idea. I have always thought using the opposite end of the basement 12+' wide with 2 nice corners but a window in the middle of the 12 foot wall. The window is short and up high I could come up with something but the wife likes the effect of a taller window look with some framing and shade we installed.

Using the opposite end we could get 16' but 1) There is 6 inch build out, hides plumbing drain, in the one corner I would have to modify 2) My wife would have to approve of having the bathroom door right next to the Big Screen TV 3) My wife would have give up that mini wall that is the prime art location for a sculpture and other items (not very likely) and 4) Forte IIs as Rear Surrounds would end up in the middle of the living space.

Good suggestion but a Lack of planning on my part, I should have foreseen Khorns and put the bathroom at the other end of the Basement before we tiled the floor.

I will give it my best selling effort but Tech requirements are running into marriage requirements.

I

• 7 months later...

What I'd like know is why so many people keep wanting to put an Allison aircraft engine in a Volkswagon chassis.

Tip#1: (It doesn't fit)

Tip#2: (there are more appropriate "engines" for the job at hand)

12' wide is better than 10'. Mine were 13' feet apart, but I built false corners so I could turn them out into the room. Another area of concern here is the distance back from the Klipschorns -- you really need to be at least 12' feet back from them for the bass to sum properly.

12' wide is better than 10'. Mine were 13' feet apart, but I built false corners so I could turn them out into the room. Another area of concern here is the distance back from the Klipschorns -- you really need to be at least 12' feet back from them for the bass to sum properly.

Hey Dean does the same hold true for Lascalla's, the distance back I'm speaking of?

Jay

I would put the Khorns on the 16 foot wall on the right, with the center speaker and TV screen on the wall next to the door. 10 feet is just not enough and, for my taste, even 16 feet is pushing it. But the sweet spot would be 8 feet away from the front wall which is decent for a 50-inch 1080p HDTV.