Seriously considering buying a Bat VK60 ?

Cornman

Thanks larry, I will shoot him a PM. Anyone else?

Cornman

KaiserSetSay has BAT tube pre tube phono pre and solid state amps. The combo is excellent and have heard it on B&W and Klipsch La Scalas. The build quality is superb. In fact the VK60 is on my list of amps I will own at some point. It was considered a classic soon after it was released. I don't see how you could go worng. If you buy it and don't like it sell it to me.

BAT_VK60_tn.jpg

I think KaiserSetSay bought his gear in Austin.

BAT are real nice amplifiers. Only draw back to them is heat and output tube cost. Those 6C33 output tubes will heat an airplane hanger in the dead of winter [ip] Real Triode push pull with serious balls.... but I'll still keep my amps [;)]

Hey Corn, Craig is 100% right in his assesment of the BAT 6C33 tubes but if you have the room/ventilation. These amps are superb free standing on an individual amp stand and I highly doubt you would ever be driving enough juice to a Heritage 101+ that they would even come close to over heating.

Not to take anything away from the VRD's I've ever heard but I'm not sure if you can pick up used VRD's for the same price you could on used VK-60's out on A-goN. Best price I have seen on a used VK-60 out there was $1500.00, if Craig has a used pair or knows of a pair around it they are killer amps plus you get two[:o]

All I can tell you is BAT have earned and deserve their rep. I'm sure Boom has probably filled your ear with what a sweet combo the VK-55 & 3iX are in unison especially if cabled balanced from end to end as they were built and intended. (not just talking xlr here but truly balaned topology. If you get a chance go out to BAT's website and look for reviews of the VK-60, you will find Wayne Garcia did a write up on the first VK-60 & VK3i combo and everything the man wrote is spot on but I am maybe just a little biased but Seti, IB and Daddy Dee can attest to the sound of my BAT combo and Seti can now even tell you how it sounds on my Las[:D]

My eventual goal is to pick up a VK-60 for my Las and if possible feed it direct with a VK-D5 for a short path all tube/horn rig[:P] So little time (and due to the current administration) so little money[:'(]

Don't know if I have helped or just made it tougher for you Cornman but I don't think you can go wrong with any BAT product even at retail!