Does anyone have a recent set of promedia 4.1's that actually works?

BURNin'HELL

quote:

LOL... pleeeeeease don't tell me you're going to use them with a 2.1 only sound card... pleaaaaase????? I believe the Santa Cruz is 4.1? If not.. well that was a waste of money for two speakers you can't use

ya i figured it out i just need to d/l the drivers again... and then with the help of talon getting it setup for the 4.1 system! THANKS TALON!!

Bought mine last July 2001 and its been great. My sub got too warm by November 2001. After being replaced, it gave me nothing but wonderful sound since.

My neighbour is curious what "monstrous" setup I got ! Yes, I make sure that my baby girl is at the other end of the house each time I feel generous enough to share my music with my neighbours.

Looks like I spoke too soon. 2 days after I posted this my amp went haywire. You know, distortion on the rear channels, the left rear speaker emitted very little sound, yada yada...

Thankfully London Drugs was gracious enough to provide a replacement on the spot.

This message has been edited by OTL on 02-03-2002 at 01:07 AM

welcome DWF! Smile.gif glad you finally made it to the Klipsch BB Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

bought mine the first time the 4.1 went on sale on klipsch website.

and its still rockin' !!!

i was nvr foolish enough to blast the speakers.

music/ games

100% wave 14% main 50% control pod

dvd is another question

100% wave 100% main 60-70% control pod

too me both have the same sound output level.

------------------

bass beats melody

I just picked some up today. Work great straight out of the box. Oh, and they sound pretty damn amazing for a set of computer speakers too.

All in all, pretty happy so far. I'll post a follow up in a few weeks time to let you guys know how they are then.

FYI I never remotely pushed the speakers. With the Windows mixer at 75% and Wave 100% the loudest I had them was a hair under 50% for a very brief period. My normal listening level is about 20-30% with the sub almost as low as it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my 4.1s since about June of 2001 and they have worked fine until now. They started popping and crackling kind of like a blown speaker, but they're not. It doesn't happen when the sub's turned down all the way. Also, when I was checking speaker connections to the amp I noticed that the back of the amp was extremely hot, too hot to touch for more than a couple of seconds, don't know how long that's been like that. I bought them from Best Buy with their estended service plan so I plan on just taking them back and exchanging them.