o.t. saving gas

iwillwalk

Guest srobak

An additive you put both in the tank AND in the crank? Yeah... lemme think about that.... not.

Anyhow... I am getting 46 on one bike, 50 on another, and 34 in the Accord...

Bottom line is, if these products worked as designed, the auto manufacturers would be all over it. They'd use anything to meet CAFE standards. In addition, there'd be a groundswell of positive press from every media outlet you could immagine. I call FAKE.

Guest srobak

What was that spinning propellor thing on tv a couple years ago you were supposed to put in your airbox or throttle body or somesuch to increase mileage... :)

What was that spinning propellor thing on tv a couple years ago you were supposed to put in your airbox or throttle body or somesuch to increase mileage... :)

A "Vornado", they still sell them. They've been out long enough to be proven as useless. I'm sure sales are up.

Consumer Reports does evaluations on these products from time to time and so far none of them do what they claim. Low pressure fuel injection computer controlled was the last major breakthrough. And 5 weight oil. Also going to a dry sump will give you more horsepower by keeping oil off the crank. Vehicle weight is another biggy. Eliminating one of the piston rings also helped. Turbo's help if you reduce the size of the engine. I sent a letter to Chrysler a long time ago suggesting they go to a 500-750cc V8 for the puddle jumper cars but they did not listen to me. This would have given them a ball-busting really kool I love my vehicle that gets 50 mpg. (with dual mufflers) They did listen to me about the Viper however, except no hemi in it. I was always tempted to try gas in a diesel.

JJK