Thorens TD124 turntable -repair? & flashback

garyrc

The Thorens TD 124 turntable seems to have gotten a lot of press lately. Would it be worth it to have one, c1964, last played (in excellent working order) in 1975, lubed and brought up to spec by a service tech? Where does one find such techs? Any idea on cost? When I last had it set up, it was playing through a JBL without much bass -- should I expect rumble through the Klipschorns?
Here it is in context with the times (the 1960s). If the picture doesn't come through, can someone tell me how to insert a picture on the forum?

I have been very pleased with my 124 MkII. Allan S. helped me tremendously when it came to properly setting it up. Do your research and dig into to some old post here on the forum, and you'll find everything you need to know and links on where to find it. There is literally tons of information on the Thorens 124, and there is no shortage of suppliers with all the parts you need, new, nos and used. The 124 has a cult like following, and it is with good reason, IMHO.

I get zero noise from my Thorens, and I have never regretted buying it.

To insert a picture, you need to use the "Options" tab, the browse you HD to find the pic, and click "Save" and then "Post". Good Luck!