Getting two way with Tractrix horn

seti

400x400.aspx

No not Jubilee's but KG 4.5's. The price was too good to pass up. I hopefully pick them up next week. What interest me is the fact that they are two way and have a Tractrix horn. The specs are suprising as well 36Hz-20kHz±3dB. It looks like they were only in production for three years. I've never heard any of the KG line.

How do these sound? Does anyone know the history of this line?

Setster

I had a pair of KG5.2's for years. Through the college days. The top horn is the same as what you have. Different batch of woofers.

Those speakers were a lot more forgiving on bad recordings. Don't sound at all like Heritage. Very good bass. Can really jack the volume...I remember that. My late Carver amp sounded a lot better on those vs what is sounded like on my La Scalas.

jc

post-16499-13819367998296_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!

I'll give these a spin on tube system for so I can get a feel for them. My first idea was to use them as a start of a home theater. I don't have any speakers in the TV room other than the two 3inch speakers in the TV. The description you guys give me makes me think these will be great for HT.