Are you smart enough.....

sputnik

I tried to order that activation code to take the test. However, accidentally clicked SUBMIT twice. So I'm probably disqualified from the IQ test.

Sputnik,

did you take the test?

Yeah, I took the test and passed without Duke's help so it's probably not much of an IQ test but it's sort of fun. I went ahead and signed onto the site to see what it was like. The forum is pretty lame (there are way more intelligent and witty posts on the Klipsch forum - really.) There are no plane-on-a-conveyor-belt threads or bacon treads but the site has a strong international draw and there are some hot looking women on the site (not that I'm looking.)

Saaaay .....

how ya feeling, Cupcake ..??

up and about yet ..?? coming back to prey on us here, soon , I hope ...Smile

I'll ignore the "cupcake" remark - I probably had it coming anyway after my dingleberry comment. I'm feeling pretty good lately and I've been meaning to call. I'm back in the office (but still avoiding real work) on a regular basis. I need to get around to posting a PSA type thread here about my wreck and the aftermath in case anyone needs an example to ride safe.

That site reminds me of those old "Draw Winky" or "Draw the pirate" contests in the backs of magazines or comic books. No matter how pitiful the rendering you submitted you were declared a winner in need of burnishing your raw artistic talent by signing up for mail order art lessons.

This pitch also appeals to one's vanity. Instead of being hailed as an undiscovered artist, this site seeks to convince the gullible that they're budding, albeit lonely, Einsteins. It would be interesting to see what it takes to get rejected. My suspicion is that it's difficult to fail their test, i.e. to be rejected as a customer.

Hey!

I resemble that remark.

In the 1960's I mailed in my drawing from the "can you draw the pirate?" contest on the back of a comic book.

I "won" an offer to pay to attend an art school. I am pretty sure that everyone who mailed in a drawing "won".

We took our son and daughter to an open casting call the other day. This is a talent agency that recruits and develops talent. While our son is perfect for this type of stuff, our daughter isn't. They of course turned her down, but gave our son one of 20 spots out of about 150 kids that auditioned.

While waiting, we filled out the forms and on the questionaire one question was "what do the parents do for a living". I thought that was odd, but, we filled it out. On hind site, loking around the room, ironically we most likely were one of the 20 people that could afford their ongoing training classes.. LOL!

We dropped it. But with or without that, our son is outgoing and talented. We may try again with a less "high pressure" agency again.

As a kid my brother took the "draw the pirate" art test. He really was an art prodigy even when young. Anyway they flew somebody out to visit him (this was in the 60s) but I don't think anything came of it. He did become an artist. He was in UCLA art classes before he graduated high school. Yep, he's an artist. A cranky stubborn person that will only paint what he wants, which nobody else wants or will pay money for. Maybe when he's dead his work will be valuable. Considering how much he drinks that should not be too far in the future.

Do they post the IQ scores on this site? I test at 134. I tested at 134 when I was a kid and when I retested as an adult. Maturing didn't teach me a thing.