Need quick help choosing receiver

yamahaSHO

Howdy.... I have a buddy that will be getting me a receiver on Monday at his cost (I have to get it Monday) and I am torn between 2 receivers they sell (these are the only two in consideration at this point).

My system is the RF-62 Home Theater System and I'm trying to decide between the Yamaha RX-V1800 or a Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH for movies and 2.0/2.1 channel music. My last receiver was a Yamaha RX-V661 with some RB-51's and I really liked the sound. I was pretty much sold on the RX-V1800 due to reviews and past experiences, until.... I read that the Yamaha clips video and will not pass BTB and WTW. Since HDMI is video and audio in one, I'm pretty much forced to run HDMI into the receiver. The Pioneer VSX-92TXH does NOT clip video like the Yamaha.

I've played with the Pioneer in the store, however, the setting was less than optimal to really gauge how well it would work for me. Currently, I'll be running the Xbox 360 and a PS3 through the receiver... My HTPC will have video run directly to the projector and analog audio for now (until a capable sound card comes out). I'm not sure how much the clipping issue will affect me at the moment, so this why I'm torn.

I want a great sounding receiver with my speakers regardless. I would also like to NOT have video clipping either. Anyone have experience with either or both of these receivers? I'm looking for input from Klipsch users.

Thanks,

i am looking at that same pioneer elite. thats the one i will be getting. i like the entire pioneer elite line (if i were rich i would get the receiver, blu-ray, and kuros plasma- in fact the tv and blu ray player were both of consumers reports best product).

can you get two?

Yamaha ad Pioneer have very similiar "warm" sounds, so I'm not surprised you are choosing between the two.

You won't go wrong with either , but I thought I would share with you that the Yamaha seams to play well with others
and is often the easiest to control when hooking up with other devices.

Best of luck,

O.C.

http://www.orangecountyhometheater.info

Yamaha ad Pioneer have very similiar "warm" sounds, so I'm not surprised you are choosing between the two.

You won't go wrong with either , but I thought I would share with you that the Yamaha seams to play well with others
and is often the easiest to control when hooking up with other devices.

Best of luck,

O.C.

http://www.orangecountyhometheater.info

Could you please explain?

I can't really compare and engine to an A/V receiver, even if it is the same brand. Sony makes great TV's, but they lack in speakers.

I do like Yamaha's and if it weren't for the BTB and WTW issues, it would have been a no brainer. It has been a HUGE complaint on other forums and I'd hate to later wish I had purchased the unit that didn't clip these. Does anyone see this to be a real issue... I may even hook my HTPC through this if the hardware ever catches up with HDMI and computers.

I don't mean to push away the other brands like an arse, but I am only contemplating between these to receivers. I do appreciate the help!