Asylum Street Spankers

Marvel

Whooohoooo, the Nightfall series in Chattanooga looks to be pretty good this year. Free concerts in a downtown park, with a local group opening for the named acts. Karla Bonoff is next Friday evening, and that should be a real treat, and getting to see the Asylum Street Spankers in July is a "must see" event (even though it is supposed to be one of their G rated shows).

post-7149-1381937434001_thumb.jpg

I checked out Asylum Street Spankers on eMusic. Cute lyrics (loved the "TV Party" song off of thier Mercurial album). Definitely not my cup of tea, however, but I can see how this could be a fun show to go to, especially if I had nothing better to do that night. Hell, for free.... However, Chattanooga is quite a long ways from Fredericksburg, so no chance I'll be there.

I checked out Asylum Street Spankers on eMusic. Cute lyrics (loved the "TV Party" song off of thier Mercurial album). Definitely not my cup of tea, however, but I can see how this could be a fun show to go to, especially if I had nothing better to do that night. Hell, for free.... However, Chattanooga is quite a long ways from Fredericksburg, so no chance I'll be there.

They are a great live band. I have seen them setup a show and they really take time to get the sound right with minimal mics. There aren't too many bands that bow a saw. The first time I heard it I thought there was a Thermin on stage. Also I think TV Party is a Black Flag cover.

They are a great live band. I have seen them setup a show and they really take time to get the sound right with minimal mics. There aren't too many bands that bow a saw. The first time I heard it I thought there was a Thermin on stage. Also I think TV Party is a Black Flag cover.

I bet they would be pretty cool to see live. Yeah, I looked it up on the 'Net and that "TV Party" song is indeed a Black Flag cover. Still, was kinda funny to listen to (especially as I don't particularly care much for TV myself - I watch so little of it as it is, despite having the fancy-dancy Hi-Def satellite DVR and big screen TV and so forth).