Heritage Home Theatre System

neo33

I am about to build an all-heritage 5.1 home theatre system with a pair of La Scala for front, a single vertical Cornwall for center and a pair of Cornwall for surround. Anyone willing to part with their vertical Cornwall? Suggestion for a subwoofer? All comments are welcomed.

I have 3 La Scalas up front which works great. I say try the vertical cornwall as your center and if you notice a big diffrence then find a La Scala.

When I got my La Scalas I had a KLF C7 center and it did not sound right, it still sounded good but not quite right.

Sold my C7 for $300 and found a single LS on ebay for $300 had BEC make a new A/AA crossover.

If the Cornwall does not work be paitient and you can find a single LS.

If you want the best Klipsch home theater you can get using LaScala's, use LaScala bass bins for left, center, and right mains, but use KPT-402 horns with K-69 drivers on top of the LaScala bass bins. For rears, use the KPT-8001's or Ki-102's.

For sub, use the KPT-884. Imho, it is far superior to any powered piston in a tiny box. The 884 is clean and tight down to 18Hz.

For sub, use the KPT-884. Imho, it is far superior to any powered piston in a tiny box. The 884 is clean and tight down to 18Hz.

Bill Hendrix
I will look for an image of one for myself to look at. Sounds like some money.

If you want the best Klipsch home theater you can get using LaScala's, use LaScala bass bins for left, center, and right mains, but use KPT-402 horns with K-69 drivers on top of the LaScala bass bins. For rears, use the KPT-8001's or Ki-102's.

What need to be done to the crossover?

I have a single LAS for sale here in the bay area. John Albright said he wanted it, but shipping would be expensive for him. If he cancels, I can let you know.

I also have a custom vert cornwall that I am removing from my system. If you just want the cabinet alone it would be free.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/105236/1067019.aspx#1067019

I am bi-amping with Crown Xti 1000's with on-board electronic crossover. You can also use the EV DX38 with any other amps. Roy supplied all the crossover, EQ, and delay settings for the LS LF / 402 K69. The two-way "JubScala" is crossed at 500Hz, just like the Jubilee.

Roy may also have a passive crossover design as well.

I am bi-amping with Crown Xti 1000's with on-board electronic crossover. You can also use the EV DX38 with any other amps. Roy supplied all the crossover, EQ, and delay settings for the LS LF / 402 K69. The two-way "JubScala" is crossed at 500Hz, just like the Jubilee.

Roy may also have a passive crossover design as well.

Well, the $1300 active solution is a little steep for me, but I could buy into a $500 power amp that has it built-in. That's cool!

Well, the $1300 active solution is a little steep for me, but I could buy into a $500 power amp that has it built-in. That's cool!

You can buy the Xti 1000 from Full Compass for just a bit over $400 including shipping. If / When you call them, ask for Joel Pare and tell him you're part of the Klipsch gang. [;)]