Bob Dylan Comming To Tulsa.....

Gilbert

Anyone heard him lately?...... Should I kill to get some tickets?....... The Brady has superb audio characteristics, and is relatively small. It's really a quite personal experience to witness a concert from.

post-12381-13819380456218_thumb.jpg

post-12381-13819391899514_thumb.jpg

August 17 Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs , N.Y. ... Bob Dylan, Levon Helm, Steve Earle, and others .... very rare apperance in this area for Bob Dylan, although he played at Cafe Lena's for years when he first started out ........ probably same tour, just different acts with him !!!!!

I have seen him a number of times both in the old days and recently. I have never been disapointed. His vocal range, while never great, is really not good now - but he still puts it all into his songs. It really is quite amazing how he will take a song you have heard a thousand times and change it like turning a waltz into a shuffle. Its also amazing that he can remember all the words! My advice is to get tickets he will not disapoint.

Josh

I wouldn't miss it. He was in Boston a few years ago, did a version of Highway 61 Revisited that I'll never forget. It took me several numbers to figure out what he and the band were doing. After that it was all a lot of fun and, for me, excellent music.

One frustrating factor is the volume was too high for me, and I had to wear ear protection. On the few quieter pieces I removed the protectors and was impressed with the great sound of the band. I'm sure it was just as great loud, but my hearing distorts at such levels so I'm better off with the protection.

One thing that was interesting: the lead guitar (not played by Dylan) used what I think was a Fender amp with a very large horn loaded hf driver. Possibly it was a custom design. I wondered if possibly the reason that guitar sounded so good is I was hearing it directly, not through the house amplification. Maybe at The Brady you'll get mostly direct band sound and not secon generation stuff .. that would be nice.

If you go, I'd be interested what you think.

Leo

Alright, I'm almost there. I asked a one of the young lads (new hippie engineer fresh UT grad. out of college) at the office to hunt down some good tickets. He claims to have a good scalper connection. We'll see, ..... [^o)]

I just bought 2 front row tickets to see him up close at CMAC in Canandaguia N.Y. (ebay item 300234900956). 500.00 for the 2 tickets. Close to dead center with no one between us and the stage. Hopefully I will be able to get some good pics

Anyone heard him lately?...... Should I kill to get some tickets?....... The Brady has superb audio characteristics, and is relatively small. It's really a quite personal experience to witness a concert from.

I had front row center in Dallas too...and I was able to watch how he finished each song. As the lights dimmed after the song I could see him walk away from the mike and snap his fingers...he was really happy when the songs went down like he wanted. It may sound like a small point but it was fascinating to watch. It was almost childlike in a very endearing way.

You will not be disappointed...the band was sharp...he was leading the group rather than dominating it..and his voice and enuciation were dead on.

Man, the Brady is just outstanding!!!!! What is it 1,000 - 1,500 seats?

tc

tc

Yea buddy.... the Brady Theater has excellent acoustics. Tom Waits is playing there right now, kicked off at 8:00pm CST. But as for the number of seats, I havn't a clue, but your guess feels about right.

tc

Yea buddy.... the Brady Theater has excellent acoustics. Tom Waits is playing there right now, kicked off at 8:00pm CST. But as for the number of seats, I havn't a clue, but your guess feels about right.

I would wager there is no way to loose in such a venue. Not going to work on Maggie's farm no more.

[H]