ICON series questions

J.4knee

For the price point............the sound was crystal clear and the sub was awesome. Good sleek clean lines witout being considered Wimpy...........

I am truly waiting for these to arrive in BB so I can snag some....................Very, Very Impressive.

This product should rock the Best Buy world. To get this much clean sound with the Klipsch signature at this price point, people should be standing in line. I only hope the sales people at Best Buy can learn to demo these instead of pushing Hose.

This product should rock the Best Buy world. To get this much clean sound with the Klipsch signature at this price point, people should be standing in line. I only hope the sales people at Best Buy can learn to demo these instead of pushing Hose.

Not exactly the review I was hoping for. Seems to suggest they are more along the lines of Synergy Product interms of performance. Y/N?!?

That is not at all what I meant in this post. This product has a great deal of extension. They did very well with both music and movies. I was very impressed that the big box stores would have a speaker line of this quality. I think these speakers should sell themselves to anyone who is looking for a quality sound system and very attractive speakers as well.

My final sentence was directed more to the fact that every time I am in a Best Buy the sales people are steering people away from all the options they have and showing them the Bose display. It seems to be the only speakers they know how to demo.

I wrote a post on these in the last few days in the 2 channel forum.

They kick butt. Comparing them to my RF-63s, I would be very close to saying that both the 48s and 35s defeat the 63s. The shining achievement of the Icons, in my mind, is the midrange - so very heritage-like for a 2 way design. Beautiful!

Kimball

What truly fascinated me was the Clarity of the Center Channel speaker. Excellent voice clarity. Super crisp, clean sound in highs, mids, and super Bass, even without a Sub, in the Mains..................

This to me is a step ABOVE the reference line for B/B............when/if the sales people demo these, properly, it is no contest, compared with any other speaker line! Bar None !

The Model was the WF 34, WC24's being run thru a Plain, Denon 3803 Receiver !

If memory serves me at all, the WF sounded fuller , clearer and more refined.............most of my listening experience was with the WF systems..........

they only did small amounts with the XF series..............hopefully more folks will chip in to this post.

This to me is a step ABOVE the reference line for B/B............when/if the sales people demo these, properly, it is no contest, compared with any other speaker line! Bar None !

This will continue to be the BIG dilemna. I was at B/B yesterday and of course the Klipsch CS700 display did not work-no sound at all. So naturally I walked around the store to see if the Bose displays worked and no big surprise, every single Bose display was functional. Pathetic.

They also have the ICON series set up in their Magnolia section but here is the kicker. They have the L/R speakers set up along one wall and the center set up on the adjoining wall. I dont have a clue how they demo this for movies. Of course they have the Def Tech centers(3) set up along the wall with the XF-48 L/R. So very frustrating walking into these Best Buy stores.

Thanks for the heads up. We will check up on this. Which store in Lexington?

It's good to see this kind of response. I wrote long letters to Klipsch about what I found at various retailers. After realizing that all of these outlets were going bankrupt and my comment were falling on deaf ears, I decided it really didn't matter to me--I got Mine. [Y] As far as the current market is concerned and Magnolia, I can tell you first hand that they don't seem to be actively trying to sell Klipsch in the 2 DFW stores I frequent.

Follow the below listed immediate action procedures:

1. Go to your local best buy

2. Find Klipsch related product area and ask for a demo (the context of your visit is on a need to know basis)

3. Identify deficiencies in the display set-up

5. Ask to spend "audition" time with the speakers, they will let you.

6. Fix deficiencies via "tinkering" during the "audition".

7. Come back once a month to ensure a competing speaker brand didn't "tinker" with them during their "audition"...if so re-audition by you may be necessary.

8. If you are not 100% certain what you are doing, stop and seek further advice on this forum

Note: You and I are not Klipsch employees and are acting on our own recognizance; thus making this whole shabootle comletely legal.

J/K - Just Kidding

...Note: You and I are not Klipsch employees and are acting on our own recognizance; thus making this whole shabootle comletely legal.

J/K - Just Kidding

Kidding? I've done something similar for years! ;-)

LOL.. because its true. Jeff Foxworthy's new act "You know you're a Kipsch fan when...". I'm still using J/K as my alibi.