MEMBERS WEEKLY MUSIC RECOMMENDATIONS...30 June

oldbuckster

Where is everyone, slackers, or maybe you are just too busy .................

Z Z TOP : LIVE IN TEXAS ... DVD ... Well, they finally went and did a LIVE Concert DVD, and it was worth the wait. After all those un-godly MTV type video's, it's good to see them live. I've seen them 4 times, and still like this DVD, this is Z Z TOP, the Power Trio. Drums, Bass, and Guitar, what more does one need? These guys have got it down, starts slow, but builds as it goes, and puts Billy Gibbons, front and center. The man can play, but you don't need me to tell you that. Well worth the $13.98 at Best Buy, again, at worst you get a LIVE ZZ TOP disc you can watch. Good bare bones show, just the band and their music .............. The Big Little Band From Texas .................. INDEED !!!!!!!!!

Les Paul and Friends...American Made World Played...http://www.jr.com/product/music/pm/_598592/

Some very nice versions of songs and to hear "Little" Stevie Miller on the Les Paul and Mary Ford Show just prior to his rendition of Fly Like an Eagle is sweeeeet!

Bill

Got the Vanilla Fudge on Atco label from 1967 the other week from a flea market. Was surprised to see it, and swooped it up for a $1. Glad to have it again. Funny, is Bogert on the back of cover in a mod Nehru collar shirt referred to as "Timmy".

Ticket To Ride Bang Bang Eleanor Rigby...

Nah Silver, alot of my threads die, no big deal ............ Thebes is either busy or on vacation up in the Adirondacks .... No one comes here much, but isn't music and such why we buy our systems?

No they buy systems to tweak and upgrade not to listen to music ;) Speaking of upgrades I just installed Crites cast frame woofers in my Khorns. The low end content seems much better now. This was my second favorite tweak.

Instead of an artist or album I am going to reommend a song. Same song different titles. This song is so hyper and full of excitement that it will make anyone get up and shake it. It is a defiant and jubilant song about leaving one recording company that stole from them and going to another that was more fair to the musicians. The song is a riot.

princebuster.gif

Jaimacan Dog Ska Prince Buster and the Maytals 1964. War Broadway Jungle by Toots and the Maytals 2000. It has also been recorded a half dozen times by Toots and Prince Buster. If you are actually interested in these fine musicians read more here http://www.reggae-vibes.com/concert/princebuster/princebuster.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toots_and_the_Maytals

Broadway Jungle

Come on live a little

Broadway (x2)

One last stop in the jungle

leave for the first time

We died in the jungle

at the hands of a man

We're all in the jungle

Couldn't find a way

So Come on the jungle

Man to man

When we really don't know this jungle

which way to jump and dance

jump in the line

rock your body in time

everything is alright

we're going to Broadway

For the first time

We're out of the jungle

Everything is alright

Ohhhhhhh

Come on live a little

Broadway (x2)

We're out of the jungle

We're going to Broadway

Come on boys, come on girls

Let's jump in the line

rock your body in time

Everything is alright

Let's go to Broadway

Thanks, OB.

Tough times going on in my family so I'm going to be hit or miss over the next few weeks. I'll be out of town on Monday so please put another one up then.

Canned Heat, lp, rock "Welcome to the Canteen" . Am almost seminal rock work. Check it out.

Thebes I couldn't find a canned heat album by that name but I did a traffic album. I've been thinking of canned heat lately anyways good luck think positive.

My offering is...

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers- Hard Promises, rock cd PRIMO!

Sorry Wheel, I meant Traffic. My brain ain't working so well at the moment. A little Steve Winwood and friends ain't to shabby on your player, though. Fantastic album.

Thebes I couldn't find a canned heat album by that name but I did a traffic album. I've been thinking of canned heat lately anyways good luck think positive.

My offering is...

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers- Hard Promises, rock cd PRIMO!

Sorry Wheel, I meant Traffic. My brain ain't working so well at the moment. A little Steve Winwood and friends ain't to shabby on your player, though. Fantastic album.

No problem Thebes I will have to look into it.

BTW OB the ZZ rocked