Simply Stereo

...went to Simply Stereo with my brother today...got to listen to some nice Klipsch Subs...Heresy IIIs (Cherry); as a Heresy owner I am always impressed with these...Cornwall IIIs (Walnut)...saw a pair of return Cornwall IIIs with some minor cabinet damage (original owner upgraded to Klipschorns)...LaScala IIs (Black) and Klipschorns (also Black)...nice...they are always nice to deal with there and my brother bought something to keep the meals going at Klipsch but I'll let him tell...if you get the chance...take a trip to Simply Stereo in Hofmann Estates, Illinois...didn't get to hear the pair of Chorus IIs they had in a sideroom studio (Oak Oil)...wanted to compare them to the Cornwall IIIs since that seems to be a topic 'round Klipsch lately...and I need to get over to Chicago_Pete's to pick up my "Cornwalls"...jone'sin to hear those...I have very little time in on Corns...

Bill

Bill,

I have to agree with you about Simple Stereo, they are great. I ordered my speakers thru them and didn't have any problems. I first went there after another member here told me about them, I was in the area. After that first time I have been back four times. I went to The Little Guys, closer to me, but after an hour nobody came over to ask if I needed any help. I called Simple Stereo while I was in one of the listening rooms to see what time they closed, but too late that day so I went over the next day and placed my order. The funny thing was all I needed was someone to ask if I needed any help, I had the money in my pocket, I haven't been back to The Little Guys since.

James

BTW, if anyone does go take your own music, they will let you play it even if all you want to do is listen and not purchase any speakers.

I went to the Little Guys twice and they treated me very well...second time was to listen to some McIntosh Tube stuff that I was told was on their floor...bit of a drive (you understand that...[;)]...got there and no Tubes anywhere...still they gave me the big tour but at the time...no Heritage...

...As for Simply Stereo...I remember one guy from the old HiFi Hutch Days and Simply Stereo is ALWAYS stocked with heritage...they have no problem with you auditioning stuff...the K'Horns were set up different this time (if they are the same as a couple of years ago and they appear to be the same ones) and they sounded great this time...earlier they sounded thin to me...I wasn't blown away by the Cornwall IIIs which surprised me from all the reviews...Heresy IIIs sounded great and are a great improvement over IIs and regular Heresys...the LaScala IIs sounded really nice too...I need more listening time on Cornwalls...

Bill

Boy I'm jealous!!! That must be great to have a place that you can go and compare.........and drool......Salivate....slober.....

All we have here in Fl. is Best Buy and the like.....there are a few high end snobatoriums but if you don't drive up in a Bently they tell you "buy appointment only" thats ok , don't need there $5K speaker wire anyway..........

Speaking for just myself : I miss the Stereo Stores, the smaller places, use to be all over, then they closed down, and we are left with either the Big Box stores, or the $10,000. Stereo Salons ...... no real little guys left anymore, around here anyway ........ I'd settle for a Layfette's !!!!!

Yeah, I try to get to Simply Stereo about once every couple of months to drool. I've bought 80% of my Klipsch products from them. I go out of my way to give them business because they are so cool. All the listening, BSing and swapping gear around with the guys there is pretty much normal every time I visit.......not many places like this anymore.

They even said I could bring in my own amps to try out on some Heritage speakers. Is that cool or what? [Y]

Absolutely Right! Ken Shauer (SP?) the owner used to be the financial guy at Hi-Fi Hutch years ago when they were the main Klipsch dealer in the Chicago area. I bought my first Klipsch from them ~ some Cornwalls. Recently I bought a nice sub from Ken. Good, fair & honest folks over there!