Doors Box LP Set

rplace

I will have an extra COMPLETE set. Everything but the lizard skin box. Whichever one of yous guys doesn't get Mike's spares, send me an email and we can work something out. Cash, cash and more cash would be good.[Y]

Merry Christmas to you too OT! That goes for the rest of you good folks.[:D]

A side note about this box set.

Does anyone have a mark on the records? It looks like a smug mark, that doesn't come off, on the record that is only on one side. I seen two of my albums, from the set, had the marks. I will look at the set better tomorrow and try to post a picture of the mark.

James

Gary,

It's on the vinyl itself, it's an arc, like something made a circle and it covers about to first three songs. I will try to get a picture this morning, if it shows up on the picture.

I had the set for a few months but after reading this thread I was going to put them in the mofi rice paper sleeves. That is what I was doing yesterday and that is when I seen it, I haven't opened the box set since I got it and never noticed it before.

James

James,

Sometimes when a lot of LPs are pressed, the clamp used to move the LP after pressing wears out and an arc will imprint itself onto the vinyl. I'm guessing that's what happened to your Doors LPs. If they still play fine, it's nothing to worry about unless it bothers you. I'm sure they'd replace them if you asked. When it's really worn out like on a couple of my Blue Note 45s, that clamp can scratch and ruin the vinyl.

• 2 months later...

Did they send an email telling you they were coming? I don't usually know I have a package unless I check the mailroom at work. I'm expecting the entire set and it could be sitting there all weekend. Glad to hear they are finally shipping the vinyl! I have all the replacement covers just waiting.[Y]

No email about them coming. Just showed up on the front porch. Listened to the mono Doors. No noise, no popping. Sounded great!

I guess with the extra album covers I could frame them. Not sure what the ethical thing to do with the 3 LPs they replaced. They are a little noisy but not too bad. Hmmm.........

BTW I did not receive the bonus album.

I guess with the extra album covers I could frame them. Not sure what the ethical thing to do with the 3 LPs they replaced. They are a little noisy but not too bad. Hmmm.........

Do you need my address?[;)]

• 2 weeks later...

I just went down to the mailroom to find a box with seven meticulously packed replacement LPs along with the bonus 45 of Light My Fire, Mono on one side, Stereo on the other. The new covers are waiting at home. They look beautiful!

I must give the Warner folks credit for backing up their product.

Call Rhino and try to get the NEWLY REPRESSED LPS if you can! They are EXTREMELYquiet in comparison to the original box set which is what you'll get if you go through the normal channels. These babies are just dead quiet and sound even more amazing as a result. I'm very pleased to say the least.