What Receivers are you using?

dr.hugme

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are you looking to spend? Any special kind of hook-ups that you would like to have?

I know some here like H/K and Denon. H/K has a refurbish area on their web page that you can check out, don't know about shipping to Canada.

James

I've been happily using a Yamaha RX-V750 to drive my La Scalas, then last year I added a Yamaha MX-D1 power amp, which added clarity as well as extra power. Now I've added a second MX-D1 to bi-amp my speakers, which are now JubScalas.

The Yamaha receivers work well on their own and make decent pre-amps if you want to use a separate power amp.

I have the RF5's for the fronts and the rears and the RC7 for the center. I am looking for a A/Vreceiver that will make the klipsch

sing .

Welcome to the Forum, dr.hugme.

My HT below rocks with a Denon THX ultra II AVR 4806 and feel the better power supply helps drive my mostly all tower Klipsch Home Theater! Btw, you mention you have a RC-7 but your sig says you have a RC-35.

Hi I to everyone,

I have been running my system with the onkyo but i have not felt satisfied. especially for 2 channel

I don't mind spending the money $1600 or less (I really perfer less) I just got a friends sony and it sounded clear and

detailed and the bass was very good. I want to get the best sound quality that i can get plus the hdmi pass

through or up conversion

It seems the yamaha's are winning; but what would the rotel give me over the yamaha? ( seeing how the sony looks like a bad choice)

I guess what I am saying how would the sound be compared to the yamaha.? I noticed it is a lot more to go the seperates route.

would you say buy the yamaha and get the Rotel 5 channel power amp later.??

Thanks

It seems the yamaha's are winning...

Fwiw, the people that are posting their experience with Yamaha have different Klipsch speakers than you own. [^o)] I like Yamaha products and have owned 3 of their AVRs but they don't compare with the upper end Denon with my Klipsch Reference Home Theater.