PALLADIUM UNBOXING

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B&W 805S. They are expensive little buggers but they are just outstanding speakers, especially in a 12 x 12 room and fed by the right source. The report here is that the new Klipsch are in the same league

Although I don't recall which B&W they compared with, they did a blind test (not ABX) at the last pilgrimage. I thought that speaker "A" (Palladium) stepped all over speaker "B" (B&W). I used a phrase similar to "Speaker "B", though sounding good, reminded me more of music played at a Dr's office waiting room instead of actually having the band in the room with you (like speaker "A")" Speaker "A" was much more visceral.

So, if the B&W's are outstanding (and I'm not saying they are not), then the Palladiums are supercalafragilistic-standing!!! Music

There you have it. [Y]

I wasn't trying to start a B&W vs Palladium debate, just trying to say that chasing Palladium owners out of the park is a bad idea. I mentioned B&W because that seems to be the market that the Palladium is shooting for.

I really hope that the Palladium is working at CES this year (make sure you break the speakers in before you play them!! I can't believe how many vendors had harsh sounding speakers). B&W's are definatelty laid back sounding. If the Palladium can capture the midrange clarity and other qualities and be very dynamic they have a winner. Especially if you can get by with about 200 wpc instead of a tank.

What does the impedence curve of the Palladoium look like?

What does the impedence curve of the Palladoium look like?

I'll try to dig up a better image for you to see the detail, but I took this photo a while back

I think that is a response curve. I am wondering how difficult a load the Palladium's are. Your competition requires very expensive amps because the speakers have really tough impedence swings (down to 3 ohms and a hard phase angle - I'm not sure what that is).

Maybe I spoke too soon. The top may be an impedence curve.