PALLADIUM UNBOXING

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Congratulations, they look great, that is a huge midrange for a bookshelf speaker !

Don't under estimate them because of their size, in a simple 2 CH setup they would be great, quality parts and design make all the difference.

Love the floors also, nice choice !

Man they look nice. Congrats. I thought I was sensing sarcasm when I read about there usage as surrounds.... apparently not.

2ch setup all the way. I definately want to see if I will be able to audition them or the larger brothers maybe in the winter. I could see myself getting a pair of these in spring.

Congrats Travis,

You will be surprise how good these little buggers sound if you have a good sub to go with them. You might cross them over at a higher frequency than you would your RF-7's (60-100Hz) IF you do this they will keep up well with almost any speaker and will be smooth as silk in the vocals.

Enjoy!

I'm going to redo all of my speaker cables and thinkig of using Belden 10 guage from blue jean cables anyone ever use this wire or have any other suggestions

I brought the 10 gauge from bluejeans. If I had the chance I would not buy them again, they are very heavy, they like to curl, and its trouble to fit the wires into the receiver or amp, even my crown xti which claims it can take 8 gauge has a lot of trouble with them. The Klipsch rf-83 take them but with some snugness. Just get good old 12 to 14 gauge hell your copper wiring is probably 14 gauge and has alot more current running through them without overheating.

• 2 weeks later...

I've continutally heard the Palladium vs. Heritage discussion and yet I still believe it to be like comparing speed boats to catfish sandwiches... there is just a world of difference in the approach taken between the two series, while the end result is very very similar (Maybe you hit a catfish with the boat? heh). In any event, the Palladiums deserve a look at any price.

Compare to RF-7?

These are the smallest in the series, and not towers. Im sure they can be heard but in my mind, at the asking price I think id buy cornwall 3s. Nice win at the pilgrimage for sure.

I find myself not interested in the line at all.

Regards Jim

This isn’t a scathing post, but does raise an interesting thought. If all goes well and Klipsch is successful with their new high end line, there will be many who just bought their new toy and want to go on to a forum to discuss (just like all of us here).

How will they be greeted? Is the first response to “Hey I just bought pair of Palladiums instead of Wilsons and I love then and will recommend them to all of my friends” going to be “you’re an idiot, for the price you could have had a pair of Jubilees” followed by ten other similar posts? That alone will hurt the product line.

The people who but Palladiums could have bought a different Klipsch product, or more likely, a different high end brand, and probably are not concerned about what they could have bought. You can buy a Camry instead of a Lexus, or a 2,000 square foot house in a nice neighborhood instead of a 4500 foot house in the hills, or fast food instead of a nice restaurant. But people make choices where what you could have bought does not matter. Audio equipment is a luxury item at just about every price level.

Most here have audio equipment that costs at least a few thousand dollars, which may be unthinkable to some. For $2500 you could have bought a Wal Mart shelf system and pocketed $2300, right?

Doesn’t it make sense to welcome Palladium owners as part of the Klispch following? Do heritage owners not like RF series owners? The more that follow the brand the more halo effect that there will be. If a person who can afford a $35,000 Palladium based system chooses Klipsch and has friends over and they love it, but are only willing to spend maybe $3000, they will probably recommend an RF based system or maybe Heritage (like the Heresy III) if they learn about it here and are welcome with open arms and not continually challenged and bashed for spending too much.

I have not heard the Palladium Bookshelf speakers but I have heard the B&W 805S. They are expensive little buggers but they are just outstanding speakers, especially in a 12 x 12 room and fed by the right source. The report here is that the new Klipsch are in the same league. That is a good thing. It will strengthen the brand following, and isn’t that what everyone here should be concerned with? And shouldn’t all here want to promote the product instead of fight about which is the better line (Heritage or Palladium)?

In the end I would guess that the Palladiums will have their own forum with a separate sign in and user names if everyone can’t play nice.

My 2 cents.

B&W 805S. They are expensive little buggers but they are just outstanding speakers, especially in a 12 x 12 room and fed by the right source. The report here is that the new Klipsch are in the same league

Although I don't recall which B&W they compared with, they did a blind test (not ABX) at the last pilgrimage. I thought that speaker "A" (Palladium) stepped all over speaker "B" (B&W). I used a phrase similar to "Speaker "B", though sounding good, reminded me more of music played at a Dr's office waiting room instead of actually having the band in the room with you (like speaker "A")" Speaker "A" was much more visceral.

So, if the B&W's are outstanding (and I'm not saying they are not), then the Palladiums are supercalafragilistic-standing!!! [8]