Wify says my Forte's have got to go!

aaron here

...I notice from your avatar your speakers are in the garage...Wink

Bill

Bill,

Those are TSCM Pro Cornerhorns. I have klipschorns with a LaScala center and two Velodyne HGS-18IIs in the house for my surround system. I just made a deal to get four more K-260 horns to try to build an all TSCM surround system. By the way, the K-260 midrange horn has a manifold that attaches 4 K-55 drivers to each horn. I am not building this system by compromising for WAF.

Roger

9158_1.JPG

DSC01818.JPGDSC01818.JPGDSC01818.JPG

quite possibly even sicker than me. note the empty Red Bull can at the base of the stack, I wonder how many of those were sacrificed bringing the MSM cabs home?

Michael,

Comming from you, I take that as only the highest of complements.

I only wish that a pair of beutifully matched pair of Electro Voice Patrician 800s was in the budget right now. There is a beutiful pair on ebay right now. They were up to $10,000 last night with 3 days 21 hours left on the auction. Not as beutiful as the last set I posted, but still should go well over $20,000!!

Finally, I must say that I very much enjoyed the conversation on the phone the other night. If I come across a big find on those tweets, I'll let you know, and please keep an eye out for the manifolds I need. I would prefer the metal ones if possible, but will considder myself lucky with either.

Thanks to BEC with trying to help as well.

Thanks.... Rog!

Speakers or Wife ................... Never mind all this Macho chest pounding, ......... Good Bye Speakers !!!!!

OB,

"Macho chest pounding"???!!

It is not macho chest pounding!!! The statement was made "I am lucky she let me"!!! She let me??? Does she allow you to potty by yourself as well??

Are the speakers putting you in a finacial hardship, taking away from your kids colledge fund, or a bad influence in some form or fashion?? I would hope the answer is NO!!

We are talking about a spouse that puts her own asthetic desires above something that actually brings pleasure to her mate here!!

Have any of the males here (as I can't call the subservients MEN)... Have any of you ever told your wife she had to get rid of something or stop doing something that truely should not affect your marriage, was not a finacial strain, etc., just because you did not like it??

A woman who would put her asthetic wants over something you have enjoyed for 22 year (AKA your feelings) does not deserve a husband!!

My wife can do anything she wants as long as it doesn't impact the marriage, the kids, or our finances in a dramatic fashion, but by god, I am the one who has the final say, and that is not chest beating!!

OB,

I will let you in on a secret, there are 40% more females than males in the United States, they are more replacable than we are.

I take it personal and hold every male (that lets his wife make the descissions or says that is OK for another male to let his wife make all the descissions) accountable for how screwed up this country has become in the last 35 years. I hold people like this responsible for gun grabber legislation. I hold people like this responsible for "hate crime" laws, and all the other screwed up legislation and laws allowed to happen because of feel good law making without any real thought about implications!!

"I am lucky because she let me"............ JC!!! I wouldn't live in your shoes for a Billion Dollars!!!!

Where would any of us be if George had said "Your right Martha! I could get killed if I went out and fought the british, and then where would you and the kids be?"

Roger

...and here I thought they were being sarcastic with just a touch of satire...Huh?

Bill

Bill,

I really do like your Herman avitar!! Is that a pair of Grado cans he has on?? I prefer Stax myself, but still Grados are nice!

Roger

Sorry couldn't help it....naaaa ..... not sorry.

My wife did not want (she didn't say no, I didn't ask...just didn't want it at the time) an all heritage 7.1 in the family room....OK I didn't really care that much as I'm not to much into movies as I am 2 channel and thought it would do double duty.

we compromised...

The Living room is all mine and was turned into a giant man cave complete with Klipschorns , cornwalls, heresies, three complete systems...dark brown leather comfy chairs...blah blah blah......

now she loves the sound of it so much she says maybe I can do something similar in the family room......ha....I need too many more toys in my man cave before I get aroung to her HT!!!!! and when I do I will be talking to Twistedcrankhammer about his set up!!!

Roger, it's not a done deal yet, but it would take a small miracle to sway her from the one she has her heart set on, but please do post a photo.

Aaron

hazel%20stereo%20002.jpg
hazel%20stereo%20005.jpg
Aaron,

The site is not posting the pictures I tried to paste. Email me at rgordon@watchtv.net and I will send them too you directly. I just got back from OOT.

Roger

My wife can do anything she wants as long as it doesn't impact the marriage, the kids, or our finances in a dramatic fashion, but by god, I am the one who has the final say, and that is not chest beating!!

Are your knuckles raw from draggin' on the floor ? I believe marriage is a two-way street, give and take, and to make comments like, the wife goes before the speakers do, is chest pounding macho [bs] ........ I have been married for more than 34 years, and she is far more important than a pair of speakers ................ It's a partnership, not a dictatorship ......... give me a break ................ EH !!!!!!!!

RB81's are front ported so no issue there. So long as any grille over them is acoustically transparent, you should be ok. If there is any boominess coming from the cabinetwithinacabinet stuff some foam padding around the speaker (use black so the wifey don't see it) and that should stop any ringing. Pull the speakers fully to the front of the cabinet edge and you'll be fine.

Keep those Fortes- surely you have a basement or den where you could still enjoy their full bodied sound?

Good luck with the wife thing, I've never managed to find one in my 49 years. You guys should quit complaining and consider yourselves blessed.

Are your knuckles raw from draggin' on the floor ? I believe marriage is a two-way street, give and take, and to make comments like, the wife goes before the speakers do, is chest pounding macho PWK BS Button ........ I have been married for more than 34 years, and she is far more important than a pair of speakers ................ It's a partnership, not a dictatorship ......... give me a break ................ EH !!!!!!!!

OB,

I have been married about 20 years, and dated her 5.5 years before that. I met her cruising when I was younger, and I french kissed her and her best friend the first time I met her, when I was getting out of her car, so I am pretty sure that she knew exactly what she was getting into prior to marriage.

You only read what you want, but don't address the statements that are fair questions do you, but I understand.... you must need and outlet after cowing down all day to the Mrs.

There is no such thing as 50/50 in marriage, you can strive for 50.5% vs: 49.5%, but somebody has to put on the pants and have the final say on the important things like how the financial plan is going to be handled, how we are going to disaplin the kids, etc, etc, etc. Oh, you can discuss it together, and share feedback, but someone has to captain the ship, at least to some extent. In my parrents home, that was and still is my mother, but not for me.

You bypassed my statement about the wife putting her asthetic desires above something that obviously brings her mate pleasure, and that done by either the man or the woman in the marriage, and that spouse does not deserve to be married.

I will say a prayer for your nut sack... If you are happy with your marriage, then that is good for you, but I still hold people like yourself that cow to what the wife says and does, for the condition this country is in. I will not coward to my wife, nor will I to you or anyone else.

Better go ask permission before getting 3 more CornWalls and a sub, let alone what she might think of working towards 7 TSCM and two subs.

Roger

Are your knuckles raw from draggin' on the floor ? I believe marriage is a two-way street, give and take, and to make comments like, the wife goes before the speakers do, is chest pounding macho PWK BS Button ........ I have been married for more than 34 years, and she is far more important than a pair of speakers ................ It's a partnership, not a dictatorship ......... give me a break ................ EH !!!!!!!!

Oh, and OB,

My wife will be home tonight after 7pm. My phone number is (419)-358-0137 You can call and ask her who wears the pants in this family instead of posting a BS button, to confirm for yourself that there are still those of us that live as men in this country, and not as newtered males..

Roger

You only read what you want, but don't address the statements that are fair questions do you, but I understand.... you must need and outlet after cowing down all day to the Mrs.

I will say a prayer for your nut sack... If you are happy with your marriage, then that is good for you, but I still hold people like yourself that cow to what the wife says and does, for the condition this country is in. I will not coward to my wife, nor will I to you or anyone else.

That doesn't even warrant an answer ............... BIG TALKERS online, what [bs] ....................

That doesn't even warrant an answer ............... BIG TALKERS online, what PWK BS Button ....................

oldbuckster,

the only [bs] I hear here is you, you still don't address the statements or questions, and don't seem to be equiped for a debate about it. I offered you to call my wife, no [bs] here, you choose to let someone else make your descissions for you?? That is your problem and not highly thought of here, or haven't you visited the other post about whipped husbands yet??

Roger

the only PWK BS Button I hear here is you, you still don't address the statements or questions, and don't seem to be equiped for a debate about it. I offered you to call my wife, no PWK BS Button here, you choose to let someone else make your descissions for you?? That is your problem and not highly thought of here, or haven't you visited the other post about whipped husbands yet??

Roger

Wow ................... Debate what ? The street they named after you .......... ONE WAY ???? ....

the only PWK BS Button I hear here is you, you still don't address the statements or questions, and don't seem to be equiped for a debate about it. I offered you to call my wife, no PWK BS Button here, you choose to let someone else make your descissions for you?? That is your problem and not highly thought of here, or haven't you visited the other post about whipped husbands yet??

Roger

Wow ................... Debate what ? The street they named after you .......... ONE WAY ???? ....

Yes, I am only ONE WAY, but I suppose your BI???

Never did hear those comments on if you volunteered for the "Vietnam Conflict" or were drafted, or if you actually in country, or in combat, and what ones reaction in a firefight have to do with handling ones self on a one on one with a single assailant with a knife.

Do you ever address discussion, or only come in from the side trying to redirect???

Roger

Personal Attacks ........ All I'll say is, You weren't in the Fox Hole with me !!!!! ......... Personal Attacks, below the belt shots, you are a real man !!!!

OB,

You are correct, I did shoot below the belt, however, I am big enogh to admit it and apologize for it. I do appologize...

You still serve rederick and don't address comments made. What does a fire fight response or lack of such experience have to do with knowing how one will react on a one to one with a knife. Your statement had no bearing on the issue, but you made judgements about me without knowing me, just as you were accusing others of not knowing how they would react. If you will not even defend or debate your own stance, how is anyone to respect anything you have to say.

Roger

Speakers or Wife ................... Never mind all this Macho chest pounding, ......... Good Bye Speakers !!!!!

That is my original statement ................. I stand behind it 100% ...... Where is your name mentioned ? Your comments are just one of a few by members on this thread ........... I'm surprised she hasn't locked it down !!!!!!!

Maybe I can help. Second Amendment, Gun Lovers, Charlton Heston, Nazis, locked threads, it's all good, I'm talkin 'bout Shaft, rant, rant, leftist claptrap, right wing conspiracies, Amy wants your forte's, cause they've got to go!

Silly human, silly human race!--yes "yours is no disgrace."