OT: Almost certain to cause Road Rage

picky

Guest srobak

Why would you hit your brakes to warn a guy off your rear end so he doesn't hit you and thereby greatly increase the risk of him hitting you?

You answered the first part of the question with the second part.

When I had My Evo VIII and i was on a tuning run with a test pipe and no cat...I could switch my on board CPU to safe mode that would make the engine run rich ..... inevitably some schmuck would want to F with me and get right on my ***....drop her into third...rev up to 8000rpm before dumping the clutch and blamo....5-6 feet of flames out the back .......they didn't mess any more...

srobak would probably hauled me off for those stunts [:D][:D][:D]

JM I must say that I like the idea of the EMP burst, but the ball bearing idea reminded me of the time I was pursuing a fleeing felon (back when I was a COP) and the felon tossed a 3/4 inch galvanized steel pipe cap and plug screwed together , out the window when we were traveling 125MPH at the time. the steel bounced off the pavement right in front of my cruiser and luckily bounced high enough to go right over my windshield.

That stunt got him seven years......

Guest srobak

srobak would probably hauled me off for those stunts Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

If you were doing it to someone camped out on your back bumper, I would have given you a thumbs up and then wrote the jackhole for tailgating. I absolutely despise tailgaters. Always have.

what happened to the evo?

I Sold it to a kid after I raced in at Moroso track.....Made about 5K even with a fried clutch......I thought he was joking but Daddy came up with a Certified check that afternoon!

I was really getting tiered of every jackass in a tuner trying to race me from every stop light I came to.........It was a fun project car but now I can say, been there done that......If I ever do another it will be american classic muscle....just for cruising.......

Srobak: Actually my best friend is a Supervisor for Florida Highway Patrol.......I used to flag plates for him of punks road racing so he could pass them on to that division......(They actually had 2 undercover evos as bait cars )Don't know if you've ever been down to south Florida but driving can be a nightmare....a lot of jackass kids with way too much money killing people on the roads!!!! And you are correct I only would pull a "stunt" after someone was on my rear for about a mile or so in the middle lane!!

what happened to the evo?

I Sold it to a kid after I raced in at Moroso track.....Made about 5K even with a fried clutch......I thought he was joking but Daddy came up with a Certified check that afternoon!

I was really getting tiered of every jackass in a tuner trying to race me from every stop light I came to.........It was a fun project car but now I can say, been there done that......If I ever do another it will be american classic muscle....just for cruising.......

Hmmm, thats pretty nice, especially since any evo with say more than 40 miles over it should not be brought used since most (Not saying you) but most evos are driven by animal 16 year old kids to death, usually killing the kid or someone else and the car. I will be honest and say I wanted one when I was 18 and almost did get one after pleading with my dad but I am happy to say I did not. Insurance is killer too.

I sorta want a used older used lexus is300 now, I found out it can be pretty fast (supra engine non turboed in it) and yet be a sleeper, which is what I want, and exactly what you described I do not want ever punk kid trying to race me.

Srobak: Actually my best friend is a Supervisor for Florida Highway Patrol.......I used to flag plates for him of punks road racing so he could pass them on to that division......(They actually had 2 undercover evos as bait cars )Don't know if you've ever been down to south Florida but driving can be a nightmare....a lot of jackass kids with way too much money killing people on the roads!!!! And you are correct I only would pull a "stunt" after someone was on my rear for about a mile or so in the middle lane!!

Isn't florida have some rather low insurance because the max per person injury is cost of medical and $10,000? Maybe thats why i see so many florida plates here. Also I bet those Evos were confiscated.