OT: Almost certain to cause Road Rage

picky

Tailgating my 38 foot Topkick tow truck with your high beams on is not a good ideer.... you know those folks that just have to have 4,6, 8 or more lamps on? Well they get my Grote white LED work lamps, a 4" spot beam and a 4" flood on with the flick of a switch. One swift on and off is enough to have them decide that maybe it is time to turn theirs from kill to stun.

With just the LED work lamps I can light up about 250 feet behind me like daylight, they are mounted high and wide.

For tailgaters I have the brake pedal. HARD. :)

But yeah - I might have to get me one of those.

lay off the drugs, you are not a cop anymore. You should not endanger peoples lives by braking short to prove some point. Drive Right! Drive Safe! I will not say this again!.

Guest srobak

lay off the drugs,

Never tried em, never will, but thanks for ASSuming.

you are not a cop anymore. You should not endanger peoples lives by braking short to prove some point. Drive Right! Drive Safe! I will not say this again!.

Thank God for that.

Anyhow - I am not proving a point, and being a cop or not has nothing to do with any of it. I am braking because of that deer that jumped out in front of me... cause you know - you aren't supposed to swerve to avoid hitting a deer or other large animal/obstacle, as it can easily induce a rollover.

You should be directing your "drive right drive safe" and "you should not endanger people's lives" comments to the root cause in the situation - that would be the tailgating schmuck, not the guy whose *** he is trying to crawl up.

Being tailgated in the car in my avatar is an unpleasant experience. Your butt's barely off the pavement and the car weighs 1300lb. To discourage tailgating I put a spring loaded rocker switch on the transmission tunnel to activate the brake lights (including CHMSL on roll bar) without actually applying the brakes. Worked like a charm.

Guest srobak

Oh, I used to left-foot the brake just enough to light them up... but between driving in Indy when I lived down there, and in Chicagoland nowadays - it doesn't do squat, and usually just brings them closer... taunting you even. And I am talking people who have 1 or 2 open lanes to the left to pass you in... sometimes a quick nosedive followed by hammering the gas to regain the speed lets the stooges know you mean business and that you don't want them inspecting your tailpipes.

What is even more un-nerving is being ON THE BIKE and having these morons camp out on your back tire, and you have nowhere to go to get away from them or out of their way. :|

I hate driving in Chicago. People there are the rudest S.O.B.s there.[:@]

I'm working on a micro directed EMP burst that mounts to your back bumper. It takes 5 mins to charge but it will disable most vehicles if they are within 6 feet of your bumper. Or you can have the simpler CO2 fired ball bearing into there radiator system for a lot less.

Just kidding. I wish that was the case, I would love to teach those idiots an expensive lesson. BTW....That is what I day dream about when I am tailgated.

JM

What I find most amazing is when you are riding in a car and you feel the driver is tailgating. You tell them their too close and they argue about it. They don't do it intentionally but honestly feel that they can react in time to avoid a collision. These people are so used to high density traffic that they think that they need to be on the bumper of the car ahead of them whether there's traffic or not. I ratchet up my input by asking if being that close will get us where were going any faster and they back away, a little. About then we get caught at a red while the car in front doesn't. Jeeesh!

What is even more un-nerving is being ON THE BIKE and having these morons camp out on your back tire, and you have nowhere to go to get away from them or out of their way. :|

Man-O-Man, do I know what you mean! Things can get real scary out there on a bike! Been there/done that: Hated it! [:S]

I wonder how many people actually are trying to draft me instead of tailgating? 

Me. Well all locals on Long Island are the drafting kind. No choice in the matter in these parts. Many two lane parkways, and far too many people on them create an almost Daytona 500 feeling every rush hour. If you don't draft here, you'll be cut off more times than you can count. It's funny, the car that keeps a safe distance in front of them is viewed as the lolli-gagger and criminal round here.