Das Boot

lo123

OK, I found this on sale finally at Best Buy for $10, it's the total extended everything two DVD set at just under 300 minutes. Anyone have this version of ths movie?

Then I find there is another version (Director's Cut) at closer to 200 minutes which would seem a LOT easier to watch.....

Are either of these worth having and watching? Or is there just a couple of explosion scenes that will shake my house with LFE?

Have watched both more than once, and yes, both are worth it. The story is handled in an interesting, intriquing, manner. The action is amazing in seemingly real explosions, and sound. If you haven't heard the movie it, but like sub pictures, this is the one, or two. In case you haven't yet, I would watch the long cut.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got both versions as well; great film. Saw it in the movie theater in Frankfurt when it was released. Also been to Kiel and aboard the museum/ memorial's Type-VII. The movie is very accurate. The "inside" scenes were filmed on a Danish Type-VII that they used as a training boat after the war. The "outside" scenes often used a 1/3 scale model. Bavaria Atelier, the production company, attention to detail is superb. The english subtitles are "ok", but they lose alot of the nuances from the german. I am a german speaker, so I usually turn off the subtitles.

• 2 weeks later...

After researching the variations on this movie, it seems the just over 3 hour Director's Cut offers the best bang for the buck. Returned the nearly 5 hour version and will grab the Director's Cut when I see it for reasonable price. Thanks for all the comments.