Interesting Philosophy

ClaudeJ1

"If it is not critical or even possible to
time align live performance, why worry about playback?"

Terrible example, and an incorrect conclusion.

If you put musicans on a different sized stage than what they are used to playing on, they have a terrible time playing together.

Romy is usually right, and he does know what he is talking about.

Mechanical time alignment vs electronic time alignment, read the Altec paper on the apparent apex problem.

If it is not critical or even possible to
time align live performance, why worry about playback?"

Terrible example, and an incorrect conclusion.

If you put musicans on a different sized stage than what they are used to playing on, they have a terrible time playing together.

The larger the stage, for sound-reinforced music, the more critical stage monitors become. Without a good monitor rig the distance between the performers make it difficult for the musicians to play in time. The monotoring systems used in arena size systems are possibly more complex than the main PA, utilizing 32+ channel boards with outputs sufficient for 8 or more independent monitor mixes.

The main PA is also usually delayed to the backline so that the sound from the instruments arrive at the same time as the sound from the PA. I've seen this trick used in club sized sound reinforcement systems also.

• 2 weeks later...

Claud,, "He,s a Russion immigrant",,,"This explains his arrogance",,,, Wrong contusion.

That came out wrong. What I meant to say was that his being a Russian immigrant explains the spelling errors. I originally defended his intelligence to those who thing speling arrors denote stupidity, they do not.

What I meant to say was the tone of the posts on his site explain his arrogance.........I will stick to my original point about his philosophy being interesting and I, co-incidenatally have designed my system much like he has described and it sounds better than my Khorns ever did in over 30 years of ownership.

"...compressions and rarefactions of electrons..."

That is how I'm thinking, in the cartridge coils, in the circuits, in the tubes, and in the speakers.. Their lateral movements would make no difference even if they were otherwise than random...