Pioneer Elite KURO 60" Plasma ! One word "AMAZING" picture quality

TheEAR

After looking at variousHDTV sets,I havefound the undisputed king of flat panels.Pioneer's KURO Elite lineup,these units have a natural and black level that simply puts to near shame anything else you may throw at them.

I am getting the 60" Elite KURO,this gem is worth every penny. Anyone looking for a superlative plasma better give the Pioneer Elite KURO lineup a serious consideration. I am not impressed eay but these units are true champs. [:D]

Slight OT...

The SC-09TXH will also be joining this new Elite KURO display in my HT. One heck of a receiver with capabilities of ahigh-end pre/pro.For the first time the amp section is aworthy one,ICE amps all round. One low point no balanced pre out (to connect external power amps). And still to few sub outs! Other than that,a first class receiver with the performance of high quality separates.

I will not replace my Anthem pre/pro yet,this receiver will join the lower and system.Not so low end after all.

I couldn't agree more. Anyone who says that Samsung or Panasonic (while both good brands) can hold a candle to the Pioneer plasma line performace-wise should get their eyes tested. The Elite line just takes it up another level in realism. Is this going to be replacing the 45" Sharp LCD?

The SC-09TXH is also certainly "drool worthy" in my book... is that going to be used on the RF-7 system or something else? It's hard to keep track of all your speakers!

Samsung and Panasonic doo a very competent job...but the Pioneer Elite lineup is on a whole other level of quality. People will defend what they buy,but nobody can convince me to buy anything but... a KURO Elite. To me the purity,natural of the image is "organic". Makes the competition look so so.

The SC-09TXH will be used as a pre/pro only with SimAudio Celeste power amps driving Dynaudio Contour speakers. My Klipsch RF relegated to "little" theater duty with the Sharp AQUOS as gaming rig (PS2/3,Wii/Xbox360).I have purchased a little Toshiba 32" 1080p LCD for watching news,installed in the kitchen,works with my "old" Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

My reference rig may use Alcons speakers,still not fully decided.I may end up with Revel's Ultima lineup...I like what I heard.Or yet who knows,if the Palladium line shows at my Klipsch dealer... Choices choices. [:D]

Ear,

Don't overlook the Pioneer Blu-ray players designed to go with the latest generation of Kuros. The BDP-05FD is out as is the 51FD. The BDP-09FD will in future probably do SACD and DVD-A over HDMI. The new generation of Blu-ray players do will also send Deep Color to the Kuro, if your HDMI cable can handle high speed (10 Gbps, 340 MHz) transmissions. Deep Color uses interpolation to go from 8 bit color to 12 bit color. AVS forum members claim to see a difference with Deep Color.

I like my 51FD, but won't know what it will really do till my 60 in Kuro arrives. It's difficult waiting for it to arrive. I'm trying to decide between the various proceesors and amps. The SC-07 and 09TX are on my short list. I don't need the ICE amps, so I'm trying to find out which DACs are used in the 07 and 09.

Bill

TheEar, be sure to have your KURO ISF'd after a hundred hours or so. It really makes a great picture truly incredible. It will make your KURO virtually the most accurate panel you can buy. I got mine when the 150FD's first came out and the picture still wows me.

The new generation of Blu-ray players do will also send Deep Color to the Kuro, if your HDMI cable can handle high speed (10 Gbps, 340 MHz) transmissions. Deep Color uses interpolation to go from 8 bit color to 12 bit color. AVS forum members claim to see a difference with Deep Color.

I have a problem with that claim, especially by that community. To my understanding HD content is currently recorded and thus restricted to 8 bit color making anything higher than that redundant. If the source doesn't have it the source isn't going to give it.

Deep Color by interpolation is not as good as true 12 bit color, but it is better than 8 bit color. Color information is sent with every other luma. The interpolation fills in the missing information. Filling in the missing information is simple in comparison to reconstructing a compressed video frame.

Blu-ray and DVD both use lossy codecs to compress movies down to say 30 Gb that take up terabytes of space. The ratio of filled in information is huge, much more than 2:1. The codecs, MPEG-2, VC-1 and AVC do not perfectly reproduce the original picture, yet the best high-def picture is from Blu-ray and HD-DVD with lossy compression.

People should look for themselves before they say Deep Color doesn't work. If interpolation didn't work, video codecs would not work to reconstruct heavily compressed video.

Bill

CECAA,

I will have the set adjusted ,I would not spend this money just to get a bit better than Samsung quality. [;)] After it is set up properly,the picture quality is as you said...incredible. Samsung is very good,the Pioneer KURO Elite is THE BEST finest flat panel display when image quality is considered. It is in a whole new class,the reference class. Anyone who compared the two will see it.

Like TC Sounds LMS-5400/Ultra sub drivers...the very finest period.

I considered a plasma, but figured the LCD would suit my needs better. I'm assuming the Plasmas still have the image burn in issue, since I haven't read otherwise, and didn't seem as bright which I prefer. I wish I could get a second screen (plasma) and use it strictly for movies, but my Samsung will have to do for now. Congrats

Burn in is virtually non existant on this set. It uses a pixel "orbiter" to help eliminate IR. My son plays his PS2 for hours at times and I've never seen a hint of burn in, even immediately after he's done. Brightness isn't an issue either, a full white screen will light up your house.

Comparing a grea plasma to a great LCD and the gain in picture quality is clear and so obvious it is scary.

Compare the Sharp Aquos top of the line 46" LVS with a non Elite Pioneer ...50" or even the little 42". The natural of the image is striking with even the most basic Pioneer plasma.The LCD displays ..even the best ones have this artificial pixelisation around moving sprites,ojects you call it the way you like it. And the colors are off,have a digital artificial glaze.The finest plasma is like a great projector or outstanding CRT in its black rendition and lack of artifacting.

Here the Pioneer Elite KURO line is the top of the mountain,you simply CANNOT buy a better flat panel display than the Pioneer Elite KURO. The Samsung...please not in the same league.The Hitachi,some of the upscale units may be closer,but still not at the level of the best Pioneer has to offer.

For an easy way out...

Pioneer Elite for plasmas, Sharp Aquos for LCD TV's and NEC MultiSync for high end computer displays. I have the 27" NEC as PC monitor and the image quality is tops,anyone looking for a great PC monitor,the NEC upscale line is a as good as LcCie's(same panels).

Lastly burn in is not an issue with today's upscale plasma monitors.Leaking gas...not an issue. Life span of a great plasma...very long,not an issue.

~60000 Hours that is almost 7 years 24 hours/day of use ! Who uses a TV 24hours /day ? A business may have it ON 24/7. In a home you can say 14-15 years is what can be expected,that is a long time for any electronic device.

A tube monitor after 7 years of non stop use will be severly faded,and will show serious..visible wear. So those crying about "only" 60000 hours should stop smoking weed. [:D] Tube monitors that are 20 years and still running...yeah great thing,they are so washed and tired a roadkill looks better.

Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ85U its not a Pioneer but for the price it aint bad!

The Panasonic Viera offers 1920 x 1080 Resolution, 1000000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio for the Brightest whites and darkest blacks, 4096 Shades of Gradation for spectacular Color Reproduction which is unheard of when looking into plasma televisions. All of these extras factored in together make the Panasonic Th-42PZ85U one of the top Plasma screen Televisions on the market and also make your Television viewing experience a great one. The colors are brighter and more crisp than most Plasma screens and at a much more affordable price than some of the top High Definition Televisions on the market.

A Panasonic Plasma screen Television combines anti-glare and anti-reflection technology with the natural light-emitting properties of plasma, to give you a super-wide viewing range with a crisp, beautiful image from almost any angle that you may be watching from. Another unique fact about this Televisions is that it is rated so high that it will last 100,000 hours, which is about 30 years of regular or 11 years of non-stop usage before the brightness of the display will start to go out, While other top Plasma Televisions will begin going out within 5 years of purchasing.

30 years of use..yeah RIGHT. Poonasonic hoopla(marketing) to sway the masses. [|-)] In 30 years from now that TV if it still goes will be OBSOLETE.There will be much better way before and cheaper.Like the printing inks that claim 100 years life before visible deterioration takes place(we will all be here in 100 years to verify that...LOL).

Even if Poonasonic claims ONE BILLION hours,I am still getting the Pioneer Elite.As in 10000 hours (I watch less TV in 20 years time)I will have a better unit in its place.

For any BIG plus they claim to have I can find several reasons why it does not matter.