My speakers are buzzing! Help!

Kain

Recently, my speakers have started buzzing quite loudly (can be heard from the listening position during quite portions of a movie). They buzz regardless if a source is playing or not. The buzzing is not related to the volume control and the buzzing is the same regardless of where the volume nob is. Previously, the buzzing was very faint and could only be heard if you put your ear right next to the speaker but now it can be heard from the listening position. I haven't changed anything so what could be the problem?

Most likely a ground loop. I had the same problem. I unhooked my cable (cable tv) from the wall and played a movie from my DVD player and there was no humming or buzzing. I purchased a mondial antenna ground loop isolation circuit and it fixed the problem. It happened when I hooked up my Acurus 200x3 amp. I am no longer using it now so if you find out for sure it's a ground loop, I'll send it to you. Let me know....

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/accessories/others/mondial/m-a-g-i-c-cable-splitter/PRD_324379_1590crx.aspx

Daryl...

Do you mean this or the bigger black box thing?

I might be interested myself...

Roger

M.A.G.I.C. Cable Splitter

New
Mondial Antenna Ground Isolation Circuit (aka MAGIC) Splitter provides
two isolated outlets for splitting video signals with minimal signal
loss - plus it can actually improve picture quality by eliminating hum
and noise from cable-TV, satellite-TV, or rooftop antenna signal lines.
This noise is especially noticeable when connecting the TV signal to
your audio system. MAGIC makes this annoying audio hum vanish. MAGIC
Splitter''s feature a heavy-gauge cast aluminum chassis and three
military-grade noise reduction, spike, surge and lightning protection
circuits.
Please note: this unit is not compatible with DBS satellite systems.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have some things to mention. Recently, the buzzing stopped in my front-right speaker while there was still buzzing in the center and front-left speakers. I didn't change anything. Now the buzzing is back in the front-right speaker after a week or two of not buzzing. I then noticed that all speakers would buzz louder when I turned on my plasma TV. As soon as I turned off the plasma, the buzzing would become quieter. What does this mean?