Palladium Arrival

rscotth

Good evening,

What a great day to be a Klipsch owner! My ears are not worthy of what i heard today. I can't really describe into words the sound I experienced, it is absolutely breathtaking. I heard things in my music I never heard before. Still waiting on the second sub, but the RSW-12 held its own. Next week the McIntosh gear will arrive, and I can't hardly wait for those. I'll post pics and more of a critique later.

Great job to all at Klipsch for developing such a work of art and sound!

Worth every red cent, IMHO.

More later.

Shine On!..............Scott

post-12422-13819418161338_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got go have my celebration cigar and get ready for bed, if I can sleep. I'm still giddy. I actually cried this afternoon from the emotion these speakers have, Never before have I been moved by music. Got to run.......more later.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

Ditto! I'm sitting here in my office, still relishing the expierience I had yesterday. It's going to be hard to focus on work today.
This morning I turned everything on and left smooth jazz to play over the system will I'm at work all day.
Awe inspiring and spiritual, at least for me! Thank you all for makeing a dream come true, I still get choked up.

Subject: Hey guys, check this out!
Importance: High

This is the first of Scott Hurley’s theater Palladium pix. He has posted to the Klipsch forum and has received positive feedback. As promised, we will take a round of good pictures for the company portfolio as well as send you a copy, with Scott’s permission of course.
Guys, in a word, speechless! This is the closest word that I own to describe this system. You know, at first, I thought we would have a real chore with positioning and tuning. This system, out of the box, was cold and sharp. This did not stay the day though. It was not long and the system started to come alive. After about 4 hours of solid play at reasonable but high volume levels, the system loosened up and began to truly capture my attention.
You know, out of the 23 plus years that I have been in the high end custom electronics business, I found myself searching for words to best describe this experience and found none that were worthy. I have heard many beautiful, well built systems in my time, many of them involving Klipsch. I found this system to be among the very best to date. The 7X200 Crestron amplifier is in deed a very good match to the system as built. Next week, we will install McIntosh 501s across the front and 252s across each channel in the rear. Again, I expect to be amazed! Good job to those in the design and engineering of these musical instruments! Scott and I finished our day, yesterday, listening to Dark Side Of The Moon. As I continued to be speechless listening to this track at almost reference levels, I looked over at Scott and saw a tear coming from the corner of his eye. This is a first, my friends! His system is unbelievable and will leave an impression on my soul for some time to come.
On a side note, the only negative thing that Scott and I, as well as my installers, found was that the remote control for the subwoofer did not work and was DOA. Also, we found that the touch sensitive controls on the sub were finicky. Sometimes they work and other times, they freeze up and stop working. We are less than happy with this feature or failure. I am sure that Klipsch will make good on these things for us. Neither Scott nor I are even concerned at this point with any of that. Maybe an issue with the QC line? I do not know. At this point, Scott is very satisfied with his purchase from Sound Insights. I am too! I am very much looking forward to seeing the other subwoofer showing up for installation. Besides the rack equipment of a full compliment of McIntosh, this will be the icing on the cake! I am glad that I am friends with Scott. I will enjoy spending time with him listening to music, the way it was meant to be heard.
I do wish Paul Klipsch was alive today. I think he would say that this system is, in deed, NO BULLSHIT!
Thanks again guys!
John H. Hurst
Vice President
Sound Insights, Inc.

Man, would I love to get a chance to hear your setup Scott. I was at the last Pilgrimage and have been to Damon's house. Just for the record guys, Damon's system at home sounded way better than the setup at the Pilgrimage. A complete 7.1 has got to be awesome.

Sorry to read about your sub control problems. I'm sure Klipsch will make good on that.

Wait till you dump that NAD and go to Mac's. Those P's will really sing then. I've been running the Mac / Heritage for years. I sold some of my high power Mac's when I built my house and short on cash. I put in some NAD thinking I would not notice on my surrounds, since they are only surrounds. 6 months later I was back to all Mac

You have a killer system there Scott. Enjoy [:)]

JM