TSCM Help Needed fast for purchase

• Moderators

I have a line on some TSCM's that I am going to look at this weekend to purchase, and I need to know what to look for etc. Colter, Kevin, Bill W. are you out there? This just came up and I have to move fast so I thought I woud post here first and then send out some PM's. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Travis

Might wanna check for stock drivers (including the bass bin) and make sure the bass bin isn't all rattled apart.

Best bet would be to give them a listen as most things wrong with a system should be audible.

Being a pro system, there is always a possibility that things were way overdriven...if there was any damage but it still makes sound, then usually you'll notice some lacking low frequency performance.

The tweeter motors might say K76. That is the motor (no horn) that is used on the K77 tweeter we're used to seeing. On the TSCM and MTTM tweeter units, the motors are run into a manifold system so the K77 horn section is not used.

Check operation of each K55 individually by simply disconnecting a lead to each driver one at a time.

Yes, check the integrity of the bass bin for rattles.

Attached is all we had in Tech Support on the TSCM. Kevin Harmon has a pair perhaps he could be of more help.

Michael

TSCM Better res.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I have a line on some TSCM's that I am going to look at this weekend to purchase, and I need to know what to look for etc. Colter, Kevin, Bill W. are you out there? This just came up and I have to move fast so I thought I woud post here first and then send out some PM's. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Travis

Travis,

What happened with the TSCMs???

Did you buy them??

Are they still for sale??

What condition are they in???

If you did not want them, may I buy them??

I am trying to complete my home theater in all TSCMs.

Please email me at rgordon@watchtv.net

Thanks... Roger

• Moderators

Roger,

I'm sorry I did not update this, I have been so busy with work that it took a back burner for awhile.

I did in fact buy them, they are in pristine condition, we don't believe they were ever hooked up. They do not have the original boxes but they are on the original pallet, and had been re-wraped. I could not find a scratch or nick anywhere. You could also tell the doors on the bass bins had never been unscrewed, so I did not even mess with opening them.

I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet, I am waiting for my Jubs to be finished and that may still take some time so I may put them in the house while I am waiting for those to get finished. I plan to play with them for at least a little while. I have to go back up and get them when I have a chance, but that doesn look like that will happen until the middle of November.

Sounds like quite a project with all TSCMs. Is that going to be 4 or 6?

Travis

Roger,

I'm sorry I did not update this, I have been so busy with work that it took a back burner for awhile.

I did in fact buy them, they are in pristine condition, we don't believe they were ever hooked up. They do not have the original boxes but they are on the original pallet, and had been re-wraped. I could not find a scratch or nick anywhere. You could also tell the doors on the bass bins had never been unscrewed, so I did not even mess with opening them.

I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet, I am waiting for my Jubs to be finished and that may still take some time so I may put them in the house while I am waiting for those to get finished. I plan to play with them for at least a little while. I have to go back up and get them when I have a chance, but that doesn look like that will happen until the middle of November.

Sounds like quite a project with all TSCMs. Is that going to be 4 or 6?

Travis

Travis,

Hopefully, that will be 7. I have a complete spare top section, and will probably canibalize a single cornerhorn to build a bass bin for the center channel. I have a single LaScala for center now. I also have a pair of 1998 oiled oak cornerhorns, and I'm using old Nakamichi PA-7 amps for power, and a pair of Velodyne HGS-18IIs. I plan to add a room after I complete the aquisitions of everything.

What a great score, bet you are glad you took that airplane ride. I tried to call twice, but you must be in the middle of some case work. My brother and his wife are both atourneys out of Columbus, Ohio.

I hope you really like your Jubs!![6] [A] It sounds like they will turn out very beautiful.

Please keep me in mind, and give me a shout when you have some time..... Another poor soul infected with Klipschitis.... Roger (419)-231-5494