Another Cornscala - Finished Pics

Guest David H

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David H

You can use the Selenium D250-X as long as you can get away with a crossover point to the tweeter of about 4000 hz. It's output falls off rapidly above that frequency.

Bob Crites

Thanks Bob that's great info.

Hover,

I am a fan of the Klipsch Cornwall reflex bin. Crossed at 400hz with a big mid horn, and a nice network, it is my cup of tea. So much so that I run the Cornscala's with double 15" drivers. (dbb's)

Your work with the Cornscala concept (those box's are so beautiful) and your trachorn (build quility) is outstanding. Great Job!

But sir, with all due respect, how do you get a 104db speaker with a single 15"woofer from a (+/- ) Cornwall clone bass reflex bin? How did you measure that?

Best Regards,

tc

Guest David H

But sir, with all due respect, how do you get a 104db speaker with a single 15"woofer from a (+/- ) Cornwall clone bass reflex bin? How did you measure that?

I dont have any accurate measurements per say, but if a 96db K-33 in a cornwall bass bin measured by klipsch produces 98.5db from a Cornwall, then I have to assume the box gain below 400hz is approximately 2.5db. So I figure a 101.6db with an additional 5.6db over the K33 works out to about 104.1db, in the same bass bin. I tested this using an type AA crossover. and made measurement with a Behringer ultracurve to verify. you can view the measurements earlier in this thread.

If I am incorrect, it won't be the first time.

Guest David H

Another forum member sent me the info on this mid driver, still rolls off steep at 4k, but appears to have good response below 500hz

MIDRANGE HORN DRIVER SAMMI 250 - 5K

post-24405-13819427840126_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest David H

Great work! What did you use to make the top grill frames?

Its been a while, but I believe the grill frames are 5/8 mdf covered in Bob Crites Klipsch grill cloth.

Dave.