Recovery

Wrench722

Does anybody where I can find someone to recovery some pictures off two hard drives? My computer had two 250Gb hard drives that were raided together and I thank one died. I found one guy at $400.00 to start? MAN! That is way out there for me. Any input would help. Thanks

Does anybody where I can find someone to recovery some pictures off two hard drives? My computer had two 250Gb hard drives that were raided together and I thank one died. I found one guy at $400.00 to start? MAN! That is way out there for me. Any input would help. Thanks

Chances are if you only have two hard drives they are striped so you only need one drive to retrieve your data. I use a usb/firewire enclosure for getting data off of drives. It comes in very handy. You put the drive in the enclosure and hook it up to your pc or a spare pc. If the first drive doesn't work try the second one. Then copy your data to a safe place. $400 YIKES save your money and get one of these enclosures.

http://cooldrives.stores.yahoo.net/combo-sata-drive-enclosure-firewire-and-usb.html

Were these your data drives or was the operating system on them?

" Chances are if you only have two hard drives they are striped so you only need one drive to retrieve your data"

Need to know if we are talking raid level 1 or raid level 0.

If raid level 1, each drive is a mirror, so using a diskutility on each would provide 2 opportunites to recover the files. two 250 gb drives under raid 1, would result in just 250gb of drive space with 100% disk parity. RAID level 1 is the second most reliable RAID level. RAID 0+1 is the most reliable.

If raid level 0, then both drives are needed. The operating system used determines what the recovery proceedure is, along with utilities that are specifc to the O/S. RAID level 0 combines the 250gb drives to make 1 500gb drive. But there is no parity info and therefore the least reliable raid mode.

" Chances are if you only have two hard drives they are striped so you only need one drive to retrieve your data"

Need to know if we are talking raid level 1 or raid level 0.

If raid level 1, each drive is a mirror, so using a diskutility on each would provide 2 opportunites to recover the files. two 250 gb drives under raid 1, would result in just 250gb of drive space with 100% disk parity. RAID level 1 is the second most reliable RAID level. RAID 0+1 is the most reliable.

If raid level 0, then both drives are needed. The operating system used determines what the recovery proceedure is, along with utilities that are specifc to the O/S. RAID level 0 combines the 250gb drives to make 1 500gb drive. But there is no parity info and therefore the least reliable raid mode.

You are correct. I never would setup RAID without redundancy. I have never setup raid without redundancy and don't see the point. If you need both drives to recover data there are tools to recovery data and if needed $400 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Dell doesn't set up their mirrors properly - I have had this happen a couple of times. I am assuming drive 0 is the one that died - if so, swap 1 to 0, buy a new drive and put it in 1, boot the computer and rebuild the mirror. Takes time, but it works.

Dell doesn't set up their mirrors properly - I have had this happen a couple of times. I am assuming drive 0 is the one that died - if so, swap 1 to 0, buy a new drive and put it in 1, boot the computer and rebuild the mirror. Takes time, but it works.

I'll have to remember this. I have been spoiled with raid 10 for a while but mostly at work. I had a netapp at one point that was raid 6.

I am not very computer savy. I dont know what drive has died. But where I am now is I have already put a new drive in and set it up. I have the two old drives sitting here on my desk. I would like to find some way to just pull my pictures off of them and format?

• 4 years later...

To recover deleted
pictures from iPhone, you need an iPhone photo recovery software. Our Data
Recovery for iTunes can help you recover delete pictures and videos on iPhone,
iPad and iPod touch.

The following
tutorials will guide you to recover deleted photos from iPhone on Mac step by
step.

Step-by-step
Tutorials to Recover Deleted Pics from iPhone

iTunes Data
Recovery for
Mac(http://www.istonsoft.com/itunes-data-recovery-for-mac.html)
is specially developed to recover any photos & videos shot with your
iDevice, contacts, SMS, call records, voice memos and calendars as long as you
synced your device with iTunes before, so that you can get on with your digital
life. Following are the detailed steps for recovering deleted photos from
iPhone.

Step0. Free
download, install and launch the iTunes Data Recovery tool on Mac.

Tip: For Windows
users, please try iTunes
Data Recovery Program
for recovering deleted photos from iphone for
Windows. The operations are similar to that given in the tutorial how to
extract photos from iPhone/iPad/iPod backup on Windows.

Step1. Scan iTunes

In the Home
window, click "Start Scan". This will bring you a list of all the
devices that are synced with your Mac's current copy of iTunes. Click and
highlight the iPhone then click Scan.

Step 2: Preview
and Select

After scanning,
all media files previously synced to iTunes from iPhone will be displayed. The
files are categorized by types such as Photos and Videos, Contacts and Notes.
Click Photos and Videos on the top left of the window.

Step3. Recover
deleted photos from iPhone

After you've completed
selecting all the files you want to recover, just click Recover in the menu bar
next to the Back button (Actually recover is not allowed in the free trial
version).

Posted Image

More extensive
reading tips for your reference:

How
to recover iphone voice memeos

How
to recover notes from the backup files of iphone

Did this happen after a Windows update? Did you see a message that one of the drives was loosing data and you should transfer data ASAP?

This happened to my Raid 0 and all I had to do was reset the Intel software to normal to fix it.

JJK

• 9 years later...