Battery Amp

bliss53

Just wanted to share an experience. I had a chance to hear some khorns driven by a n.e.w. tube preamp and a n.e.w. batttery powered amp this past weekend. I had never heard of this line. I am told they are not made anymore. The amp uses lead acid motorcycle batteries that run for about 8 hours on a charge. Sounded great. Really low noise floor. The clarity was really impressive.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I can tell you it will sound good, I used this little t-amp and a portable CD AM/Fm player to run this, which is just a copy of a top from a LSI but with a big butt bottom, even the same AA crossovers.

I ran it off a old car battery battery and it will play for at least 24 hours before needing a charging. Also VERY surprising the volume from that T-amp just be careful to not crank it into distortion, which is loud.

post-11804-13819538850404_thumb.jpg

post-11804-138195542162_thumb.jpg

post-11804-13819567082732_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I only tried the cheapest out there, there are different ones out there now but I have not tried them ? I used the model that was before this one, it was just flat looking but I think it was the same. I just cut the end off the wire and made it a little longer and added alligator clips to connect to the battery.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-380

• 3 weeks later...