LaScala 2 vs. LaScala 1

Are

I've owned at least 25 pairs of La Scalas over the years. (DJing, bands, etc...) It's the Klipsch speaker I'm most familiar with.

Sounds like you've had A LOT of experience with the LaScala's.[Y]

What amps have you found to work best with the LaScala's?

Worst amps with the LaScala's?

I've owned at least 25 pairs of La Scalas over the years. (DJing, bands, etc...) It's the Klipsch speaker I'm most familiar with.

Sounds like you've had A LOT of experience with the LaScala's.Yes

What amps have you found to work best with the LaScala's?

Worst amps with the LaScala's?

I owned most of these LS's during my Band/DJ days as a teenager and young adult. Back then I was putting the power to them! Usually McIntosh.

I would drag them down into my basement room (as I look back on it, this has got to be the start of my lifelong back problems) where they stayed between gigs. I would hang strips of paper in front of the bass bins for effect.

If you've never experienced a McIntosh MC2200 on a pair of La Scalas, you're missing something special. But just like Khorns, they sing beautifully with tube amplifiers, and that would certainly be my choice these days.

ALK Universal networks really make a great improvement to LS1's.

Greg

• Klipsch Employees

ALK Universal networks really make a great improvement to LS1's.

Greg

This is the point of view of some...I dissagree. I have never measured an ALK network that was smoother, had better bandwidth or worked any better than a stock network. The one think I can say about them is the impedance has less changes. Thus, some think this is better for tube amps.

I know many that have sold their ALK networks to return to stock or stock with aftermarket parts.

Now if you realy want to help your speakrs,

post-4254-1381942858753_thumb.jpg

To the point about magic rocks and such...the LaScala II's sound better than LaScala I's because Klipsch's uses Monster Cable wire in the LaScala II's whereas in the LaScala I's Klipsch used fine guage lamp cord.