k43 woofers

Billy joe

I have k43 woofers in my lsi's and i am thinking about installing k33's in them. Does anyone know what a fair asking price for the k43's would be? or maybe someone has k33's that they would like to trade for them. Thanks.

I would recommend the Bob Crites cast frame woofers over the K-33's.

I would think you could get a couple hundred dollars for the K43's.

You will need to file/grind the sides of the Crites woofers to fit them in the doghouse, but it's not a big deal.

Greg

post-11090-1381942721785_thumb.jpg

The basket grinding mod only has to be performed if you are taking out a tight-fitting steel framed woofer and installing a cast frame.

If you are taking out a cast frame K43 from a later model LSI, you might be able to install the BEC K1526 without grinding. But it's an easy mod to do, I've ground off probably a dozen cast frame K43's in my time to retrofit into older cabinets.

What are you seeking to gain by putting in K-33's?

The only significant difference in a LaScala dog house between the two is the lower power handling of the K-33.

I was thinking i would get more bottem end by putting in the k-33. I use a sub so it's not really a problem, just a thought i was kick'in around.

I have k43 woofers in my lsi's and i am thinking about installing k33's in them. Does anyone know what a fair asking price for the k43's would be? or maybe someone has k33's that they would like to trade for them. Thanks.

Don't do it. I think the K-43's sound way better in a LaScala than K-33's at the upper end where they meet the K400 horn. Yes they have less bass below 100 hz., but the superior definition in vocals and pianow make them worth keeping. Been there done that.

Get a decent subwoofer if you want more bass, or get some single MWMs cabs and put K33's in THOSE, like I did, one single cab below each LaScala. You will not regret it.Ooops, I see from your Avatar that you have subs. I would just keep the K-43's in there. Going to 33's with subs is not as good as K-43's trust me.

Ok you've talked me out of it, i still love the sound of them the way they are. Now it's time to find a different amp, after i installed the new sonicaps in the crossovers the Adcom gfa-555 amp isn't sounding so good anymore, so i drug out the old Onkyo m-501 amp and hooked it up and things sounded a lot better. I would like to find a hafler dh-500 that's what my friend used when these were his speakers, and they sounded really good. So I'm going to try and sell my Adcom and buy another amp, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

• 10 years later...
On 11/26/2008 at 3:02 PM, Billy joe said:

hi friend, if you sell the k-43 please let me know, I need a pair

regards