Damm...

MechMan

I have to listen to over 2000 lp's all over again now.

Some I thought sounded good with my luxman sound like a donkeys rear end, and some I thought sounded ok sound like nothing I have heard before.

For example...I have this copy of Ozzy's "Diary of a madman" on a JET label that I thought sounded pretty damm good to me. Well, let me say I had no idea any hard rock LP could sound this good. Title track is amazing.

No more jumping up and down moving my Cornwalls around trying to find that perfect spot where the imaging sounds better or the reflections mellow out...the system just seemed to evolve overnight. I have spent more time spinning vinyl today than I have in the last month and am in awe.

Who would have thought 50wpc could sound so good, especially considering the fact I am comparing it to 120wpc of my old lux.

I cant wait for the next upgrade...already en route "Bobs titanium tweeters and X-over rebuild kit" for the Cornwalls.

To anyone wondering how good 50wpc could sound compared to over 100wpc, go get yourself an mc-2505. I myself could never look back. This beast imaged from the moment I hooked it up to the C-33. It's like they were made for each other or something??

post-31641-138194272151_thumb.jpg

Congrats Rick,

Where you able to find the 2505 locally or did you have to have it shipped?

I am in the process of moving my room around right now, once the dust settles down with that, I was thinking

about adding another type of amplifier to coexist with the DRD 45s that I am really liking.

I would love a pair of used VRDs but they don't surface that often, maybe something like your MC-2505 might be

an interesting higher powered option... you seem to be loving it.

You can't beat a Mac, no matter their age. It's how I felt when I bought my first MC7200, and later a much older MC250. There aren't a whole lot of SS amps that sound quite like McIntosh amps, that's for sure! Wish I could've kept 'em all...