RF 5 vs KLF 30

RockOn4Klipsch

In my opinion - the KLF-30's are not as efficient as the 20's are - meaning that at the same volume the 20's will sound louder/fuller (at least to my ears). That said, the 30's are great speakers in the legend series and the Legend series bodes especially well in 2 channel set ups.

In my opinion - the KLF-30's are not as efficient as the 20's are - meaning that at the same volume the 20's will sound louder/fuller (at least to my ears). That said, the 30's are great speakers in the legend series and the Legend series bodes especially well in 2 channel set ups.

The 30's are 2db more efficient (102db vs. 100db) but I can see your point since one speaker can have a slightly different signature.

I even went one step further and had Bob Crites make up a set of crossovers for my 20's and put in his titanium tweeter diaphragms.....well....o.k.....his son made the crossovers.

Two way vs. three way..... right? I have not heard the RF5, but I have heard the RF7 and either way you should not be disappointed. I use my 30's in a home theater set-up and love it! I would audition both and see what YOUR ears prefer & also I guess whatever you get a better deal on also may be a factor.

The 30's are 2db more efficient (102db vs. 100db) but I can see your point since one speaker can have a slightly different signature.

Sure -

I specifically recall listening to both the KLF-30's and 20's side by side with my CD of choice (during my initial purchase) and after many many back and forth checks determined that the 20's had the sound I preferred and that they appeared louder/fuller to my ears at the exact same volume setting. My appologies if I misused the term efficient - but that is how I would describe the difference. However to make it plainly clear - the 30's are great speakers and would serve anyone well.