Reciever recommendation???

Natas

I using Forte II's for my mains and KG 1.2's for the center and surrounds. What would be a good reciever that would sound the best with these speakers. Currently I'm using my old Kenwood VR-309 that I've had for 10 years now. I want something that will decode the latest BD sound formats. I'm going to spend up to $2000 on it. Sound quality is the top priority. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Natas,

Welcome to the form.

1. If your looking at Receivers , all you need is mid priced Yamaha, Onkyo, or HK to cleanly run your Fortes..........
this will greatly improve your listening without killing your budget....... 500.00 would be a Great starting point.

2. By doing #1 you can afford to upgrade your Center to an Academy . They are used, and generally run about 400.00 to 600.00.

3. Generally it all depends on what you want to spend, and more improtantly what sounds good to You ! Trust your Ears. JMHO.

So funny, I'm in Dallas and my wif's familly is from Roanoke.

Bill gave you a very good advise, I would just add that Harman Kardon is usually a very good match for heritage speakers.

Another option to consider is Emotiva. The new XMC-1 pre-amp coming out soon seems to be promessing, combine with the XP-5 amp you are still way below the $2000 mark and you would have a hell of a system

Just a thought

Well personally I have had 3 different Denon receivers (3803, 3805, currently 2808ci), and loved every one of them. In fact I probably won't ever use a different brand of receiver. But hopefully that wont matter soon, unless I'm talking about my bedroom system, because I hope to be moving up to seperates (that is if I can ever stop spending on klipsch speakers). I strongly second falcon's suggestion of the emo xmc-1 (or umc-1) along with an xpa-5 amp. That would be an awesome system of seperates for much less then 2k, and it is the exact route I plan on taking. Listen to Falcon- he really seems to know what he's talking about! :)

Inventor, I have never actually seen an 805 in action, but before you I had only ever heard good things about it, especially for the price. What do you not like about it? I'm curious because I'd like to forewarn my father-in-law who is planning on getting an 805 for himself soon. So I would appreciate your take on it. Thanks.

to be fair i might not like my 805 because i can't figure it out. for some reason i cant play 2ch audio cd's with a sub. i checked the settings and there is a spot that you have to choose L/R+SUB and i have that set, but still nothing works. also to me, when i play movies everything seems flat. i invited Falcon over to help tune it in after christmas and hopefully i will get a better sound out of it. i am thinking i have to tune in the EQ but again, i really don't know how to do that well.

i am hopeing to sell my 805 to a friend and then get the emotiva seperates.

What do you guys think of the Harmon Kardon AVR-354? I was thinking of picking one up and using it until the Emotiva gear is available. I may even use the 354 as a pre amp with the 5 channel Emotiva amp until the new processor is released. What you think? Should I just wait, or will this set up sound good?