Klipsch Workout or How to Beat That Middle Age Spread...

SilverSport

Packed on a fewpounds lately???...Colder weather causing you to spend more time indoors doing less active tasks?...Just want to stay in shape this Winter???...Then have I got a work out for you...

It helps if you have the following:

Several pair of Klipsch speakers...real speakers, not those little bookshelves [;)]

Like to try out new things and different sounds...

Have several flights of stairs with different gear on each floor...

In my case, I have some 2 channel on the top floor, in bedrooms and such...more on the first floor...2 channel but for watching "more than TV"...Home Theater in the basement...removing obstacles and doors is optional...start out with them removed but add them later for a sense of drama...

Now...take say a pair of 70lbs speakers from the ground floor and unhook them from their current location...then take them into the basement to try them with the Home Theater down there...Hey, the black finish matches that Center channel and those Surrounds better than the Oiled Oak does, doesn't it???...Howzit sound???...like it the same or better than what you had there???...you are allowed to rest just long enough to dial in the Home Theater but the more time you rest, the more chance of your heart rate dropping and you lose some benefits of the cardio portion of this workout...

Ok...now you can climb back up two flights of stairs into one of the bedroom systems...this one is easier because these speakers only weight about 60 plus pounds...nice...unhook them from their two channel Vintage Solid State system...carry them down one flight to the ground floor...grand...now you can hook them up to the "more than TV" system...don't worry...you'll like these two as all these Klipsch speakers go down into the 30s dB rang...sweeet...the Oiled Oak even matches your hardwood floors here better than those black ones did...feel the burn...

Think you're done...oh no you're not...time to take those speakers you had downstairs in the Home Theater upstairs to the bedroom system...oh yes...these are a bit heavier than the last pair and more like the first pair...watch the bannisters...don't catch you fingers...we want these to look as nice as they'll sound don't we???...there you go...two flights and now you can hook these back up...give 'em a listen...sweet sounds of Klipsch and now you can feel like you actually did something on this cold day...(currently below zero in Chicagoland)...but you don't feel the cold 'cuz your body is alive with endorphins and sweat...manly sweat...like you really did something...listen to that back...sounds that would make Snap, Crackle and Pop jealous...

'scuse me now while I pass out...

Bill

oh gawd, this soooo reminds me of me! ARRRGGHGH

at least I have a ranch house and it's all on the same floor. But I do double stack 85 lb KP speakers on a regular basis, does that count?

If we measured our collections by tonnage, I would win be a sizeable sum. [;)]

I recommend 800mg Ibuprofen, a hot tub if you have it, and a comfy chair with blankie- nighty night!

Michael

Does anyone remember someone asking for recommendations for a good-sounding amp that was not too heavy? It seems his dad was getting too old to carry his heavy amplifier anymore and was looking for something lighter. It sounded really odd to me, as if the old gentleman wandered around his home with his amp under his arm.

Totally had to carry my Forte II's up two flights of stairs to my apartment at the beginning of the year...only moment that I wished I had just succumbed to getting towers. :) Of course, once I hooked them up and the bass began to levitate me off my seat, I immediately remembered why the weight was a good thing.

So what was the conclusion of all this craziness? (besides the sore body)

...that at lease for right now...I prefer Heritage 3 way speakers for two channel music...be it SS or Tubes...and the KGs sound great in Home Theater and the improved TV area...of course this can change at any moment...[;)]

Bill

I wanted to hear how the big KGs sounded in Home Theater and if freeing up the Quartets for 2 channel duty was worth it...the KG 5.5s sound fine with the Home Theater powered by an Outlaw Audio 1050 and using a Klipsch Sub-12...the KG 4.5s are doing well (going nearly as low with one less 10" woofer) in the expanded TV sound arena (powered by a Nakamichi TA/2A)...and the Quartets sound nice powered by a vintage McIntosh MAC1900...

Bill

ok, so now that you've slept on it- which system begat which system?

Sounds like you have all KG surround system and a Quartet 2 channel as well as Heritage 2 channel?

I see from your profile that the main 2 ch rig is Khorns, but with several other tube/2 ch rigs.

So you ended up with KG5.5/KLF-C7/KG4.5 for home theater? Did you try all 4 quartets with the KLF-C7?, or are the Quartets much preferred for the 2 ch, so the KG's took up the HT duties? An academy would be best center mate for Quartets, KV3 or KV4 for the KG system, but I bet the KLF-C7 is a pretty good match for either setup- right?

Where did everything end up?

I got lost at the bakery.,..

Michael

at one time I had Quartets with an Academy...then I changed to Quartets with the KLF-C7...yesterday I changed to KG 5.5s and the KLF-C7...still nice...thebetter than just TV has thepair of KG 4.5s and a stereo receiver...upstairs is the McIntosh MAC1900 and the Quartets for 2channel...as for Tubes...BlueBerry/VRDs/Klipschorns...and another with EICO HF-81 and Quartets...in the garage...Yamaha CA-610 II integrated and KSB 1.1s...help me...

Bill