What was the stranges Christmas present you gave or asked of you?

Guest " "

I gave my wife a snowblower a few years ago. Simplicity model 970 walk behind. It's been one of her favorite gifts and a snowblower was what she asked for. But I'm the one that uses it all the time. It's also one of her favorites. Go figure.

Simplicity 970 Snowblower

Sure beats the heck out of shoveling. Probably should've gotten the optional wheel weights and "snowcab" ... nothing worse than cold wet snow getting blown back into one's face.

Almost got one to attach to the front of our Cub Cadet but all the dealers said most people prefer walk behinds as they're more manueverable... maybe, but they're also more expensive than one's that attach to lawn tractors. The real reason I went with the walk behind is I didn't think there would be any chance to have 2 vehichles in the garage and be able to get the lawn tractor with a snowblower on it out of said garage. That said, there's no vehichles in the garage so far this winter or last, and only 1 the year before that [:@]. Time to clean out our garage. [:$]

Of course, even if I could get 2 vehicles in the garage, the one I drive most in the winter would still be outside. [:S]

Almost got one to attach to the front of our Cub Cadet but all the dealers said most people prefer walk behinds as they're more manueverable... maybe, but they're also more expensive than one's that attach to lawn tractors.

When I was in high-school taking Vocational Auto Mechanics the school board for the whole city sent over every Cub Cadet they had and told us students to install all the new snow blower attachments they just bought. Of course they were all PTO driven. I bet having us do it saved them a bunch of money too.

That's a quarter of schooling I'd like to forget.......

Some years back I gave my wife my pocket change.

It was the pocket change that I had been taking out of my pocket every day for a year! Wasn't sure what the total was, but when we did count it all up it came to over $300!!

The toughest part was packing it such that it wouldn't "jingle" inside the box. And man.....was that box heavy. The look on her face when I handed it to her and she just about dropped it was priceless.

Tom

My mother in law gave me one of those collecter's plates with a picture of a shih-tzu for my 39th birthday. We break it out at parties when everyone has had a few drinks so that we can tell the story.

Once I got a barbeque gloze (kind of like an oven mit but more of a glove) and her other son in law got the other one. They are really useless unless you have two but she did save $5 by splitting the pair. She has been divorced and single (including not dating) for 30+ years and does not have her own man to torture or use as a gage of what is an appropriate gift for a 39 year old man.

My wife always tells her that she really likes the magazine "Runner's World." We get to throw away "Reader's Digest" and "Consumer Reports" every month. Who would have guessed that we don't like same magazines that a 65 year old woman likes?

A toilet seat.... a relatively strong hint to change the old ones out; they having been ruined by potty training our son with no aiming skills..... Subtle? No. Effective? Yes. Strange? Yes.... but certainly funny. seats were changed a couple days ago so I'm off the hot "seat"......

These should help with his aim.