If You Think We Have An Obscure Hobby

thebes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of surefire lights and they are pretty sweet. I got an A2 Aviator and M6 Guardian for free at work. Good thing, because I think the retail on them is $200 and $400 respectively. They are amazingly bright. Many times brighter than any size mag light or simiar D Cell light Ive ever used. The M6 with 500 lumen lamp is simply mind-numbingly bright, painful and disorienting, especially if you get flashed when your eyes are dark-adjusted. I use a G2 Nitrolon with LED lamp as a weapon light on my AR-15 and it is also an awesome light. Do surefire lights kick ***? Definitely! Would I have a hard time justifying the price if I actually had to pay for one? Definitely!

http://www.surefire.com/A2-Aviator

http://www.surefire.com/M6-Guardian

http://www.surefire.com/G2-Led

Anyone interested in a vintage, antique (40 years old on 28 August 2008) original olive drab, military angle head D cell flashlight? Brass switch (not that cheap aftermarket clone crap); complete with 2 x red filters, 1 x blue, 1 x clear, and 1 x sem-clear diffuser filter. Two piece base with spare bulb, lanyard ring, etc. MIL model MX-991/U (Fulton, USA). The real deal!!! Works perfectly!! Own some history!!! Start your collection with a manly man, old school style flashlight!!! It's been to SE Asia, Germany, Middle East, Bosnia etc. Comes with signed certificate of authenticity!!! Only $10 with shipping. "Blue Light" Special!!!Big Smile

Me!Me!Me!

I always loved those old military lights. But I want the Thebes 100% off discount and free shipping too!

It's neat how these flashlights are such good weapons. Secondarily, can they be used to see things in an otherwise dark environment?

I think I'm going to look for a Surefire G2. I saw a few Youtube videos where a couple guys were demonstrating them. Er, I mean fondling them. Paging Doctor Freud!

Anyone interested in a vintage, antique (40 years old on 28 August 2008) original olive drab, military angle head D cell flashlight? Brass switch (not that cheap aftermarket clone crap); complete with 2 x red filters, 1 x blue, 1 x clear, and 1 x sem-clear diffuser filter. Two piece base with spare bulb, lanyard ring, etc. MIL model MX-991/U (Fulton, USA). The real deal!!! Works perfectly!! Own some history!!! Start your collection with a manly man, old school style flashlight!!! It's been to SE Asia, Germany, Middle East, Bosnia etc. Comes with signed certificate of authenticity!!! Only $10 with shipping. "Blue Light" Special!!!Big Smile

Me!Me!Me!

I always loved those old military lights. But I want the Thebes 100% off discount and free shipping too!

Well. If Thebes doesn't come though, put me in line. $10 for a good long lasting flashlight sounds pretty reasonable.

This wouldn't be your personal flashlight would it? The history, and foiled by Thebes again.

Might this be the Klipschorn of flashlights - maybe not so much in that it doesn't get any better but in that it still works and works well. This is the upgraded version introduced during the Vietnam War. 40 years old and will probably outlast a couple of cheap $5 flashlights and work better.

The MX-991/U is the current standard issue flashlight in the US Army. It has

been produced, virtually unchanged, for several decades, and is an improved version

of the MX-99/U introduced during the Vietnam War, which in turn is a direct descendant

of the M-122D flashlight introduced in late 1944.

From a random review found by googling at

MX-991/U

And LED versions are now available: http://cgi.ebay.com/FULTON-LED-ANGLEHEAD-ANGLE-HEAD-FLASHLIGHT-BLACK-OD-TAN_W0QQitemZ250319867459QQihZ015QQcategoryZ36071QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262#ebayphotohosting

In 3 colors and even a camo model for $29.99 shipping included, $34.99 for the camo model

MX991U LED

The same eBay seller also sells the standard version, new for $15.99

• 1 month later...