Why I love Craigslist...

oldmako

In the last 6 months:

Me-

CF-3's. Mint in/out. Cherry. 4 miles away and he followed me home to help unload the beasts. $240 The "house shakers".

Forte's. Cosmetically Mint as in brand new from the factory. Teak. They needed new tweets ($63 delivered) and were only 8 miles away. Original mint boxes and one extra grill. Simply sublime sound for $395. It's hard to believe how much that midrange adds...and hard to believe how good the CFs sound without one. I love them both.

Tangent 3's. Excellent Condition. Black. $80. I bought them for my dad for xmas. 12 miles away. Even the red-headed, hair-lipped bastard stepchildren of Klipsch sound better than what he had.

My brother-

Chorus II's. VG-Excellent. Black. PLUS one Academy Center (VG), a pair of KG 2.5s AND a recent Sony HT receiver. All for $500!!

KG4's. Excellent. Oak. $100

Schweeeeeet! Still searching but now looking for an amp.

Thanks to all here who offered advice and knowledge.

not quite as successful as you, but right now some guy's coming over to buy my B2's, and tomorrow, I'm proably getting a HK PA 2100 from a guy............. My girl doesn't like c list due to the fact that I've found a place to constantly buy and sell gear locally.............. She'll get over it!

I've seen some really great deals when the seller has no idea (or a very poor one) of what they hold. I've also seen guys who think the gear they paid a grand for 10 years ago is still worth $900 today. I travel quite a bit and have significant down time (hotels etc) on my rear. This laptop has made much of that time productive and enjoyable. I routinely scan C-List within 200 miles of my home and have seen some great deals on Klipsch particularly the larger models. With so much trash available in the stores theses days, and the small size of many of the new HT setups, it's only going to get better for those of us seeking used Klipsch products. When I find my Chorus's (etc) I'll sell the CFs. Until then, I'm still looking for some decent 2CH and tube gear! The stuff on ebay tends to go for top dollar. I'm too cheap, too poorly compensated at work, and glean too much enjoyment from scoring great local deals. Good luck to all of you as well.

Not too sure, but the grain looks much too tight for oak. Teak, Balsa, Cherry, Ash, Bubinga, Purpleheart, Ebonics, Bubonics, Gin&Tonics, whatever.....they look terriff and brandest new. I thought they were teak but I'm not an expert on wood identification.

$225 for WO Quartets. Minor restoration (sand and re-oil) and enjoyed for a year then sold (also on CL) for $400.

The quarts were supplanted for $850 with near mint 1983 BL Designer LS with cane grills.

My best score has to be $475 for two sets of Heritage: 1984 OO CW working fine but in need of cosmetic restoration ($400) and a pair of SERIOUSLY UGLY BR LS that had been upgraded to new K43s and left non-functional FOR SEVENTY-FIVE BUCKS.

Seller did not realize that the 'friend' who did the K43 install left the crossovers in complete disarray: Probably did not help that these band/DJ speakers had been painted with lumpy black paint, including overspray on the crossover data plates. Mimicing the AA crossover wiring in my nice LS resulted in perfectly functional, but still ugly, K43 LS. Sold them for $525 IIRC... for what they cost me I should have kept them and put them in my neighbors' pool house.

I do have to say that I have purchased a few things off of Craigslist. The first thing was my current HT pre, Outlaw 950. A pair of Heresy from Dayton, OH for $350. Then the most recent purchase was my McIntosh MC2105 and C28 for under $1000, some lights are out but it plays and will be sent to Terry for a nice fixing up...

James