Cornscala - Again

CIGARBUM

Well, here I go, I have started my project. First I would like to thank all the people that I have talked to and assisting me in making decisions that I have no clue about. Bob Crites, Al Klapenberger, Marashall, Dean Wescott, James Cullison, Greg Roberts, Gothover and Mike Colter, If I haave forgotten someone, I'm sorry, but all your word of wisdon are greatly appreciated.

Needless to say I don't have the knowledge or experience most of you guys have but after a whole ton of reading and a lot of calulations to come up width something to fit my objective. I now have a 3" - 3 ring binder full of information.

I'm trying to keep the text and pictures to a minimun, so if I leave anythinmg out and your interested call or e-mail.

Well, the first thing you have to do is get all the stuff that goes on the inside. Thanks guys for helping me make the decision on what to buy.

post-32367-1381944636361_thumb.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mess with the forum links. I just use a photobucket account. They have built in links with the "img" tags, all you have to do is click them once, and then paste into your post. I've put two pix at a time in a post, but I imagine you could do more.

Once you hae the wood cut it really doesn't take long to do the glue and screw thing. Just make sure you have a good cut sheet and it is correct, I went over mind about 10 times to make sure it was correct. You make want to wait till you get the box assembled before you cut the motor board and the back, just to make sure they are perfectly square.

post-32367-1381944638299_thumb.jpg

The pile of wood is geting smaller. Cutting up wood = 1.5 hours, putting two bass bins together including motor boards about 6 hours. That timer does not include the endless hours of planning and refining drawings and thinking about the process, I always try to stay about 4 steps ahead of myself, I don't like mistakes.

That enough for one day, I'll start sanding the interior and putting a radius on the interior corners, filling the pocket holes, just want nice smooth surfaces and using a little Feng Shui.

Just a couple shots of the shop.

post-32367-1381944639254_thumb.jpg