Why the huge price increase from an RF-7 system to an RF-83 system?

Kain

Back in 2002 when I bought my brand new Klipsch Reference Series 7 system which consists of two RF-7s, one RC-7, and two RS-7s (with no subwoofer), the total came around $2,671 (after all the discounts) and this was through the authorized Klipsch dealer.

According to the following site, http://www.hometheatermag.com/floorloudspeakers/1007klip/index1.html, a pair of RF-83s alone costs $2,498! The RC-64 costs $899/each, and the RS-62 costs $998/pair. This means the total is $4,395.

Why the huge price increase? [:S]

Well, for starters you have two more woofers between the two RF-83s, two more woofers in the RC-64 and two more woofers in the pair of RS-62s. That's 6 more drivers which require different crossovers, larger cabinets, etc.

Plus, what could you buy in 2002 that's the same price today??

Hey Kain............

Has that pesky "Upgrade Bug"............been biting at your heels again...................[:D]

I second Wuzzer's commet.....................Inflation !, plus I think the RF 83 is a much smoother and nicer speaker system.

Would it be hard for you to sell your present RF 7 system ?..................

MSRP on RF-7 $2200

RC-7 $800

RS-7 $900 (pair)

Total for that system is $3900, which makes the price on the RF-83 system approximately 13% higher. Most dealers will sell to you for less than MSRP so your error was in comparing the out-the-door price on the RF-7 system to the MSRP of the RF-83 system.

Well, for starters you have two more woofers between the two RF-83s, two more woofers in the RC-64 and two more woofers in the pair of RS-62s. That's 6 more drivers which require different crossovers, larger cabinets, etc.

Stock? [:D]

Stock? Big Smile

mmmm........ no that is even more discounted today [H]

Stock? Big Smile

mmmm........ no that is even more discounted today Cool

You are correct, much more so!

Back in 2002 when I bought my brand new Klipsch Reference Series 7 system which consists of two RF-7s, one RC-7, and two RS-7s (with no subwoofer), the total came around $2,671 (after all the discounts) and this was through the authorized Klipsch dealer.

According to the following site, http://www.hometheatermag.com/floorloudspeakers/1007klip/index1.html, a pair of RF-83s alone costs $2,498! The RC-64 costs $899/each, and the RS-62 costs $998/pair. This means the total is $4,395.

Why the huge price increase? Tongue Tied

In 2006 I got the rf-83 for 1600 dollars
rc-64 for 650 dollars
I have rb-75 which are different but none the less fall around your pricing. Its msrp not real price