1000 Posts!

Chicago_Pete

I had a blue minitrail just like that one onceSad

Like this blue 71?
Its for sale, gotta get me some Belles.

71blue.jpg

Alright Pete, you pick up those Cornwalls IIs, load them up with the '71 MiniTrail, we meet Kaiser halfway, I'll have the Belles with me and we'll all drive away happy. Whatcha say?

Hey Rick, are those Bottle Head Straight 8s in your avatar?

Yessir. I picked up a half-finished kit from a guy in Austin. I completed them with the basic crossover and they sounded pretty amazing.

A while back I bought all the parts for the V3 crossover. I put one of them together on a small board that would fit through one of the driver holes but I wasn’t really impressed with the sound. I think maybe I had the components (coils) jammed too close together. And I probably should have allowed more break-in time. I am presently redoing the crossover on a larger board/enclosure that I will probably mount on the back of the cabinet. I expect excellent sound from these eventually. It is amazing the bass a few 4” drivers can throw out!

Rick

Rick, in October of 03 I ordered a brand new kit from Bottlehead, $1535 bucks shipped, yikes!

I wish I would have given them more listening time and messed with some crossover options like you are.
Only had them for a few months.

Pete - I hope that price included the cabinets! Those look practically identical to mine, except mine had a few tiny dings and fading due to lack of interest by the previous owner. I think the cabinets were built by one of Doc B's local woodworkers. Anyhow, I think I got a pretty good deal at $700. I think the kit with the eighteen drivers, (2) caps,(2) coils, and the plans and instructions was $699. So I guess I got those nice cabinets for free. I know his brother was pi$$ed at him when I picked them up and he found out what I was paying.

Rick

I'll be selling my posts in 500-post lots in the Garage Sale section. And yes, I will combine shipping.

Put me down for 1500. Do you take Paypal?

Is the PayPal fee inclusive?... or ya sticking us for the 3%? AngryBig Smile

Well, it's either that, or you'll get 3% fewer posts. I ain't losin' money on this one![;)]

BTW, Pete is a heck of a guy, I consider him a good friend. I'm proud of ya! [{][pi][}]

Fini - make sure you explain that those extra posts for sale are "rollover posts" - they never expire, and if kept in good condition appreciate with ageWink

Unless, of course, you change your forum post plan. You really do have to watch the details. Nights and weekends, posts are free!

I had a blue minitrail just like that one onceSad

Like this blue 71?
Its for sale, gotta get me some Belles.

71blue.jpg

Alright Pete, you pick up those Cornwalls IIs, load them up with the '71 MiniTrail, we meet Kaiser halfway, I'll have the Belles with me and we'll all drive away happy. Whatcha say?

Sorry guys got behind a little and have just got back, exactly Pete, man would I love to give that baby to my boys[:P] Their mom would kill me but just knowing they would ride the same ride would be to coin another mambers phrase "Topnotch" LOL

I guess I would be about right in the middle of you two, like the old Boz Scaggs album it would be "Down and to then left" for Pete[:D]

I'd be ready to go if I had not just shelled out for this baby[au]

post-18681-13819455250362_thumb.jpg