WAF and its Relationship to Home Theater Bliss

Olorin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Divorce??? nahhhh Not as long as there are jewelery stores- expensive resturants and wine bars to drain you of your cash. The female gender typically prefers slow torture to a quick finish. However the male however is blessed with superior intelect and will usually prevail when a tactical plan is properly executed. Thus - my 6 rule startegy. Now- that Mac 275 sure is nice--- I wonder if I could hide it in a vaccum cleaner box- HUMMMMMMMMMM- this has possibilities.........

Pay cash... Always with money that is not critical.. i.e., your house mortgage LOL .. Don't be stupid!

So ManSpeak 101:

Always state what it MIGHT have/ did cost new... And say, "It was no where NEAR THAT!" So remain vague. LOL

Say, "I did it or me yes, (take some responsibility!) but also for you and the kids too..... Look _____< insert her name, not hun, or baby, or whatever.... "It's a safe hobby, it keeps me home, and not out with the boys spending money on who knows what... right? "

Then.. And this is very important.... Look her in the eyes, smile, and shut up.... First person that speaks or looks away, just lost!

I hate to give away ManSpeak secrets here.... But need to help some of you out here too! hahahahahahahahahahaha

• Moderators

Pay cash... Always with money that is not critical.. i.e., your house mortgage LOL .. Don't be stupid!

Cash is King...and you tend to get really good deals this way too. Not only do you save on the interest you don't have to pay but the bottom line is often lower with cash.

"It's a safe hobby, it keeps me home, and not out with the boys spending money on who knows what... right? "

So true. I've said that about web and graphic design. She used to say I spent a lot of time on the computer. Now she understands I could be out doing other things far worse than sitting in a chair at home.

My ManSpeak advice is to take care of your wife/girlfriend. If you take care of them on a consistent basis, they are much more understanding when you want to make a large purchase.

When we bought our 02 Impala last June, blue book on it was 9,700, and he was asking 8,700. I called him up and offered 6,500 cash, and he said no way, that's way too low below my asking price. So I said alright then........

Not even 10 minutes later he called me back and said if it's cash, it's a deal. So, like Youthman said, cash is king! I saved over 3,000 bucks simply by paying cash![Y]

So ManSpeak 101:

Always state what it MIGHT have/ did cost new... And say, "It was no where NEAR THAT!" So remain vague. LOL

This is the biggest weapon in my arsenal. I got a great deal on it!

I also always sneak it in when she isn't home. I do tell her, though, if she doesn't notice.

Bribery is also a wonderful thing. You can even pre-arrange deals if you play the bribery card correctly.

Advanced studies- Man trick # 221.997

You have a new Mcintosh Preamp. You arrive at your home at 4:30- exactly 1 hour before the wife is due from work- giving you time to seak the prize into the house and hook it up undetected.. To your horror her car is in the driveway. She took off work 1 hr early to fix your favorite meal. What to do now!!!!?? No problem. Drive past your house to the nearest secure parking area. Take the Mac out of the box and stash it in the handy dulffle bag that you always carry for such emergencies. Drive back to the house- carry the huge empty box into the house- get immediately busted. She is on you like white on rice- jumps in your ---- demanding an explanation. You reveal am empty box and say" Honey- I am talking to someone about buying one of my amplifiers- the loud one that rattles the doors when I turn it up. If the sale goes through- I am using this empty box to ship it out. " She smiles and gives you a big kiss- you open up a bottle of her favorite wine and enjoy a nice evening. When she fall asleep, you go out to your car, grab the duffle bag, stash it in the closet until later when you can hook it up. Mission acomplished!!!!!!!!!!

I dont share these tips with just anybody

That is hilarious !
My solution is, to me , simple.

My GF has her condo, I have my apartment, I have my system (albeit meager) and she let me put one in her place(meager also). granted , we dont share finances, so she cant complain when I buy something.

Her speakers are all black, that was her only concern, I have all wood, well almost, I need to get my rear surrounds changed out. But I am not in a hurry to do that.

It is great, I mostly stay at her place during the week, and on the weekends I go to my place 8 blocks away an crank my stuff.

It is working perfectly.