Something old, now something new for me!

So off I go, on another adventure Indy to Lima, Ohio... The Speakers came originally from Pittsburgh. TWO HUGE and I mean HUGE 1983 TSCM bass bins.

You know the specs... And the x over is just great, super, fantastic with split La Scala tops too!

Outside, after a few Demo songs to warm them up a little....

James Taylor was singing, "Shower the people you love, with love".... And I was grinning like a little kid! Something emotional just hit me!

You ever hear something that was sooooo good, sounded so alive, musically, you almost cried? I just did..

Here is the proof.

post-5910-13819455559792_thumb.jpg

I will get some better pics later. Here is a out of focus stereo pair. Where is my resident Photographer when I need him?

Needless to say, thank you to Roger (AKA twistedcrankcammer) and my driving partner, roadie Michael aka (ColterPhoto1) for the help lifting and getting these safe at home. A lot of emotions last few days... Michales friend Dale passes away, My brother in law's mom also passed away Friday. I am driving on a road trip to pick up some speakers I may not need, yet that little voice in me goes, "Come on Roger, you know you will want / need these?" As I get older I tend to listen to that voice more. It held me back on things too much as a kid. ROADTRIP!

These things are HUGE, but a horn loaded bass speaker to match a horn loaded La Scala top end is magical!

post-5910-13819455564312_thumb.jpg

The classic big Klipsch sound you ask?

1.) Well, take a beautiful K horn bass section (I will say on steroids hehehehe ) It's that wonderful k horn horn loaded bass just envelops you.

2.) hmmm What is a good top for a K horn..? Well, a K horn or the same thing.... a split Pro La Scala top. hmmmmm

3.) Put a split La Scala top on top of your TSCM.

4.) Then take the signal line out to the cross over already in the TSCM, crossed over exactly where a K horn / La Scala would be.

hmm were on to something.. Plug n Play and enjoy!

woooo hooooo!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Indy looks great, and I know they sound great...........Now just remember you live in a nice neighborhood DO NOT get the neighbors wanting to start a petition to stop that crazy guy with the big speakers from playing outside ! [;)]

molded 400 Hz horn, but not the same as the K400. This one mates to K4M manifold and 4x K55 drivers. Note the thick walls, front mounting bezel, and molded in klipsch logo, remniscent of the K260 MSM horn

up top is a manifolded dual K78 (K77 motor assy) setup, equivalent to half of a MMTM tweeter pack from the MCM- confused yet? Bottom line is that when Klipsch designed a subassembly, they used it in a few models, increasing engineering efficiency.

post-10755-13819455684512_thumb.jpg